Caucasian L and Origins of L

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:33 pm
What are the origins? I recalled decent amount of L1c in the North Caucasus and some L1a in the South Caucasus.

And where do the origins of L1a, Llb and L1c lie?

YDNA:
G1*
MtDNA:
HV4a2a
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:12 am
This does not necessarily suggest a point of L origins, and I need to search for the sources (unfortunately), but one place where L and T frequencies appear to overlap is the modern southern Levant. If I recall, there is also a decent amount of subclade diversity there. And no, I am not trying to "Semitize" LT. I have no great attachment to Semitic. My ancestors likely spoke a number of different languages, of which Semitic was only one, including Anatolian varieties of Indo-European, ancient Greek, Caucasian, Iranian, Elamite, Sumerian, and so on.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:08 am
Humanist wrote:This does not necessarily suggest a point of L origins, and I need to search for the sources (unfortunately), but one place where L and T frequencies appear to overlap is the modern southern Levant. If I recall, there is also a decent amount of subclade diversity there. And no, I am not trying to "Semitize" LT. I have no great attachment to Semitic. My ancestors likely spoke a number of different languages, of which Semitic was only one, including Anatolian varieties of Indo-European, ancient Greek, Caucasian, Iranian, Elamite, Sumerian, and so on.

Very interesting and much appreciated.

Do you have similar ( for both T and L ) for the north Caucasus and beyond as both markers have different subclades from the south caucasus especially around estonia and the baltic states

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:01 pm
There is nothing semitic about L. Whether it originated in the Levant(along with mtdnas u1 or U3 maybe) is irrelevant since it is quite old. My personal view is that LT* moved to the East at a pre neolithic date where it became L1a and L1c. L1b originated within Iran, Turkey, Mesopotamia, or the Levant. The lack of SW Asian admixture in populations with L1a and L1c tells me that those are different from L1b and L2 as l1a is a South Asian thing and L1c's peak is among Pakistani/Afghans/some N. Caucasian group all of whom in terms of their West Eurasian ancestry are mostly West Asian with Northern European admixture.
YDNA:
J1-Z1842
MtDNA:
D4c2
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:15 pm
Georgian DNA Project now has 12 L1b* haplotypes, all of them from western Georgia (megrels, 1 svan) and NE Turkey (laz).
L1b* seems to be concentrated along the Black Sea coast. Any thoughts?

Return to L Haplogroup (Y-DNA)