My Spanish Family tree.

YDNA:
Pat-R-P312-DF27+
MtDNA:
Mat-U5b1d1 PatMt-A2
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:40 pm
Ok I'm just finally gettng a chance to make my post after admin kindly making a Spanish genealogy forum upon my request, thank you!

I was waiting for a few tests to come back for my father. My Father is Costa Rican his Y is R1b or R-P312 and is undergoing SNP for DF27. His X is A2, Mayan/Columbian mix
His Autosomal on FTDNA came back as

28% French, Spanish, Orcadian, Finnish
17% Middle East Jewish
35% Maya

My Fathers mother who carries the A2 is the descendant of 20+ Conquistadors to Costa Rica who married indigenous wives in Costa Rica.
Last edited by Diana Sotela on Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Did my infancy succeed another age of mine that dies before it? Was it that which I spent within my mother's womb? . . . And what before that life again, O God of my joy, was I anywhere or in any body?
~
Confessions of St. Augustine

YDNA:
R1a1a1a R-L664
MtDNA:
U5b2b2 PhyloTree
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:38 pm
I was just looking at my HVR1 (16270T & 16519C) matches on SMGF, and saw a few Latin American ones. That was rather surprising, since any matches are rather uncommon in the first place. Maybe they lumped 16270 with 16270+16519, as FTDNA does. One from Panama (Jimenez, I think it was). And a couple from Peru. So maybe that's evidence that some upper class Spaniards brought European women to the New World.
Mitosearch: G986T

YDNA:
Pat-R-P312-DF27+
MtDNA:
Mat-U5b1d1 PatMt-A2
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:51 pm
PDHOTLEN wrote:I was just looking at my HVR1 (16270T & 16519C) matches on SMGF, and saw a few Latin American ones. That was rather surprising, since any matches are rather uncommon in the first place. Maybe they lumped 16270 with 16270+16519, as FTDNA does. One from Panama (Jimenez, I think it was). And a couple from Peru. So maybe that's evidence that some upper class Spaniards brought European women to the New World.

Yes many of them did bring their wives and their daughters. Many who had lost wives in Spain came alone and took indigenous wives resulting in my fathers A2 group.

Your mt group is indicative of maybe some Spaniard lady. I believe that haplogroup was prominent in Spain. Who is at the end of your direct maternal line?
Did my infancy succeed another age of mine that dies before it? Was it that which I spent within my mother's womb? . . . And what before that life again, O God of my joy, was I anywhere or in any body?
~

YDNA:
R1a1a1a R-L664
MtDNA:
U5b2b2 PhyloTree
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:02 am
Diana Sotela wrote:
PDHOTLEN wrote:I was just looking at my HVR1 (16270T & 16519C) matches on SMGF, and saw a few Latin American ones. That was rather surprising, since any matches are rather uncommon in the first place. Maybe they lumped 16270 with 16270+16519, as FTDNA does. One from Panama (Jimenez, I think it was). And a couple from Peru. So maybe that's evidence that some upper class Spaniards brought European women to the New World.

Yes many of them did bring their wives and their daughters. Many who had lost wives in Spain came alone and took indigenous wives resulting in my fathers A2 group.

Your mt group is indicative of maybe some Spaniard lady. I believe that haplogroup was prominent in Spain. Who is at the end of your direct maternal line?

Actually, I exaggerated about the rareness of my HVR1. There are now 11 pages of that HVR1 on SMGF, and not more than a half dozen from Spain via LA colonies. As for my earliest known female, well, she was colonial American; but I can't seem to get past a 1760 brick wall. The few HVR1+HVR2 matches point to England. But my FF autosomal are from a much wider area in Europe, with 5.58% ME. I've been assuming that is from my Austrian grandfather. But who knows what that means exactly. Aside: I saw on the Jimenez forum that a conquistador named Jimenez conquered New Granada for Spain (Colombia, Panama, etc).
Mitosearch: G986T

YDNA:
Pat-R-P312-DF27+
MtDNA:
Mat-U5b1d1 PatMt-A2
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:06 am
PDHOTLEN wrote:
Diana Sotela wrote:

Actually, I exaggerated about the rareness of my HVR1. There are now 11 pages of that HVR1 on SMGF, and not more than a half dozen from Spain via LA colonies. As for my earliest known female, well, she was colonial American; but I can't seem to get past a 1760 brick wall. The few HVR1+HVR2 matches point to England. But my FF autosomal are from a much wider area in Europe, with 5.58% ME. I've been assuming that is from my Austrian grandfather. But who knows what that means exactly. Aside: I saw on the Jimenez forum that a conquistador named Jimenez conquered New Granada for Spain (Colombia, Panama, etc).

heheheh which one! I'm a descendent of Conquistador Alonso de Jimenez Navarro
Birth 1544 in Ciudad de Bienvenida, Extremadura España

He had a daughter Isabel Jimenez. All his fathers before him were also Conquistadors. My friend who is also on here Sofia Gelpi is U5b2b3a, she is from Puerto Rico, via Spain.

Castilian law banned Spanish women from travelling to America unless they were married and accompanied by a husband. Women who travelled thus include María de Escobar, María Estrada, Marina Vélez de Ortega, Marina de la Caballería, Francisca de Valenzuela, Catalina de Salazar. Some conquistadores married native American women or had illegitimate children.

The ones in bold are the few Spanish ladies from Spain in my tree. The rest or 95% of them were mixed with the Blood of Spanish explorer, Slaves from Africa and Native Indians.
~

Return to Spanish Genealogy