Ancestral homeland

YDNA:
N1c1a1a1a1a
MtDNA:
H5e1a
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 5:46 am
By FTDNA calculations this is my Ancestral homeland.

Well it looks like FTDNA might have got this one right, if indeed I am part of the Gediminids dynasty clan you would expect such as result
The Gediminids dynasty ruled over Lithuania from the early 1300’s, when Lithuania covered a larger area of central Europe

Almost a mirror image, so where's your homeland Cowboy? and I'll bet it's not the Great State of Texas :lol:
YDNA:
N-L1022
MtDNA:
U5a1a1d
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:52 am
Almost a mirror image, so where's your homeland Cowboy? and I'll bet it's not the Great State of Texas

Hi Sasha,

Now hold on there partner, Texas has been the home of my family for seven generations. Not long by European standards, but long enough to have helped make it the great state it is.

I still need more data to figure out the origin of L1022. My guess is south-western Finland or Estonia, but it is just a guess. Still waiting to see if the Big-Y data is going to establish any new subgroup below L1022. :geek:
YDNA:
N1c1a1a1a1a
MtDNA:
H5e1a
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 3:49 am
G’day James.
Yes I suppose it all depends on how far back to go, prior to Texas I believe you were a fine West Yorkshire Lad and before that well I think it’s going to look something like this.

Based on the group that we have you in at the moment your homeland is starting to look like this.

Not too bad 100% pure breed, :o just like a fine Texan stallion ;) ride them Cowboy!
Hope others will post their Ancestral Homelands so that we can get a good picture as to where we all come from.
Cheers Mate.
YDNA:
N-Y4374
MtDNA:
U5b1b2
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 7:26 pm
sasha39 wrote:G’day James.
Yes I suppose it all depends on how far back to go, prior to Texas I believe you were a fine West Yorkshire Lad and before that well I think it’s going to look something like this.

Based on the group that we have you in at the moment your homeland is starting to look like this.

Not too bad 100% pure breed, :o just like a fine Texan stallion ;) ride them Cowboy!
Hope others will post their Ancestral Homelands so that we can get a good picture as to where we all come from.
Cheers Mate.

Hi Sasha and James

My "homeland" is like this picture. I think that James's "homeland" is that white province in South-West Finland or Estonia or some east from Estonia.
James have you FF? The picture has made basing on it.
YDNA:
N1c1a1a1a1a
MtDNA:
H5e1a
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:46 pm
Hi Juhani,

Good to hear from you my friend, I made the picture for James based on the fact that we have placed James in the N1c1a1a1b VL29+ L1022+ clade group in the Baltic Sea project at FTDNA and all the other members of the group have come up as 100% European (North Circumpolar 100%) so I thought James might like to have this as s reference point in his search for his Ancestral homeland, but we all know how special James is so it won’t surprise me if we manager to find a new smaller subgroup below L1022 that James can truly call home, when you look at the map it is so close to the North Pole that James could be in the sub-group called Santa’s little helpers. :lol:
Keep up your good work Juhani, always like to see youre input in various forums as it is always so informative ;)
YDNA:
N-L1022
MtDNA:
U5a1a1d
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 12:43 am

Hi Juhani,

No, I have not done FamilyFinder yet. As Sasha reply stated the map was arrived by placing me in the N1c1a1a1b VL29+ L1022+ clad group.

Would it help the projects if I ordered the FamilyFinder to have access to myorigins data?
YDNA:
N-L1022
MtDNA:
U5a1a1d
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 12:48 am
sasha39 wrote:Hi Juhani,

Good to hear from you my friend, I made the picture for James based on the fact that we have placed James in the N1c1a1a1b VL29+ L1022+ clade group in the Baltic Sea project at FTDNA and all the other members of the group have come up as 100% European (North Circumpolar 100%) so I thought James might like to have this as s reference point in his search for his Ancestral homeland, but we all know how special James is so it won’t surprise me if we manager to find a new smaller subgroup below L1022 that James can truly call home, when you look at the map it is so close to the North Pole that James could be in the sub-group called Santa’s little helpers. :lol:
Keep up your good work Juhani, always like to see youre input in various forums as it is always so informative ;)

Sasha, Just one correction: My origins may end up being close to the North Pole, but recall there is nothing "little" about Texas or Texans...sub-group would be called Santa's BIG helpers. ;)
YDNA:
N1c1a1a1a1a
MtDNA:
H5e1a
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 2:01 am
Sorry James :oops:

I forgot everything is Bigger and Better in TEXAS! :D

Including you my friend. :mrgreen:
YDNA:
N-Y4374
MtDNA:
U5b1b2
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:11 am
James B Crowther wrote:

Hi Juhani,

No, I have not done FamilyFinder yet. As Sasha reply stated the map was arrived by placing me in the N1c1a1a1b VL29+ L1022+ clad group.

Would it help the projects if I ordered the FamilyFinder to have access to myorigins data?

Hi James

I don't believe that FamilyFinder could help. Your autosomes have from Texas and England, only a bit from Balticum. Your family has been outside Balticum about 1000 years or more.

Most N1c1 of Estonia in my mind are L1022, but we must get more SNPs from Estonia and eastern neighbor. It could help.
Sasha could you place James only in the L1022 clade and make the picture?
My homeland picture is baseing on FF (autosomes) and it is like the picture of James origin that you have made.
YDNA:
N-L1022
MtDNA:
U5a1a1d
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 12:39 pm
sasha39 wrote:Sorry James :oops:

I forgot everything is Bigger and Better in TEXAS! :D

Including you my friend. :mrgreen:

Got that right partner! :D

Aussies are pretty special too!
Next

Return to N Haplogroup (Y-DNA)