Message for Liseranius: Maps for T subclades

YDNA:
T1a1
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:10 pm
I found your T-distribution map on the Wikipedia site very helpful indeed. It broadly corresponds with Eupedia and is more informative.
If there is enough data is there a possibility distribution maps for the different T-subclades listed could be produced? That would be most interesting: would be prepared to help!!
Many thanks!
Herbi
YDNA:
T1a2-Z19945
MtDNA:
H95a
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:14 pm
Herbidaceous wrote:I found your T-distribution map on the Wikipedia site very helpful indeed. It broadly corresponds with Eupedia and is more informative.
If there is enough data is there a possibility distribution maps for the different T-subclades listed could be produced? That would be most interesting: would be prepared to help!!
Many thanks!
Herbi

there is an old map which splits the branches ( see link ) , but since this was written the number of Ydna T finds has tripled.
It also uses old marker branch headings
T1 = now private
T2 = T1a1
T3 = T1a2
http://www.arslanmb.org/ArmenianDNAProj ... pdated.png

comments with map are below
Haplogroup T, formerly know as K2, has two branches, T1a & T1b, and is found at low frequencies throughout Europe and in parts of the Middle East, North Africa, and West Africa as can be seen in this MAP. Its origins and spread are still mysterious but we are slowly getting more clarity as can be seen in this new large and relatively slow-to-load MAP. The worldwide distribution of haplogroup T is spotty with some small areas of greater-than-average concentrations. T1a has a more southerly bias from the Near East to Europe and North Africa. T1b has a more northernly bias from the Near East through the Russian plains to Northern Europe.

This is the view of Gareth Henson, administrator of the Haplogroup T project at FTDNA: "I think both T and L originated in the Iraq/Iran region but whereas the branches of L all went in different directions I don't see a similar pattern for T. The main groups are T1a and T1b. Both seem to have spread out together, but T1a shows more variation."
Fathers mtdna - T2b17 ...back to 1860 Bucciol line
Grandfathers mtdna - T1a1e ...back to 1820 Mestriner line
Sons Mtdna - K1a4 ....back to 1840 Tesser line
Maternal grandfather ydna - Ild-P109

Return to T Haplogroup (Y-DNA)