Personal bet about Mt hg ages

Any discussions regarding mt-DNA markers, results or questions.

MtDNA:
U5b2b
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:31 am
palamede wrote:
dartraighe wrote:I was searching the phylotree for the mutations from my sons Geno2 results and my son and I have the same mutation in the haplogroup LOa. This seems to be the starting point for our lines. He is T and I am U. I have 66 mutations and he 55, so 55 x 3,500 = 192,500 for LOa. Would that be close to the TMRCA?
If that is a similar age for Y Adam, I cant understand how the C haplogroup made it out of Africa 60,000 years ago.
Why is there a gap of 132,000 years between A and C?

There are 2 main schools :

- long chronology with an average of 3,500/3,700 years per mutation and out of africa 125,000/130,000 years ago in Eemian (phase 5e) , I am partisan with an 'out of Arabia/Near East' to South Asia 85,000 years ago in Odderad interstadial (phase 5a).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ice-core-isotope.png
Greenland GRIP (blue) is the most interesting for Northern Hemisphere.

- short chronology with about 1700 years by mutation and out of africa 60,000 years ago at the end of the first pleniglacial (phase 4) and the beginning of phase 3 .

There have partisans of intermediate chronology.

Why didn't some of the the first people out of Africa just move the short distance from Morocco to Spain, whichever time frame you want to put on them?

YDNA:
G2a2b2a1b1a2a-CT4803
MtDNA:
H2a2a1 (rCRS)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:10 pm
I don't know exactly, but maybe, the travel from Africa to Europe is more difficult than the reverse due to marine currents and coast configuration.
A strong surface current from Atlantic to Mediterranee due to the difference between salinities and in more, south Spain ends are shifted west (againt marine current) compared to north Morroco ends

The crossing (15km direct line but a lot more by swimming or by very light skiff with the currents and winds) is done by modern very gifted and tough swimmers starting from Tarifa (South Spain) and they swimm southwards and derived eastwards to the Morroco Coast.

I don't know if the crossing from Morroco to Spain has been done by swimmers.

http://www.swim2africa.com/index.php?op ... Itemid=152

Old very light skiffs were not much more powerful than the best modern swimmers.

MtDNA:
U5b2b
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:22 pm
palamede wrote:I don't know exactly, but maybe, the travel from Africa to Europe is more difficult than the reverse due to marine currents and coast configuration.
A strong surface current from Atlantic to Mediterranee due to the difference between salinities and in more, south Spain ends are shifted west (againt marine current) compared to north Morroco ends

The crossing (15km direct line but a lot more by swimming or by very light skiff with the currents and winds) is done by modern very gifted and tough swimmers starting from Tarifa (South Spain) and they swimm southwards and derived eastwards to the Morroco Coast.

I don't know if the crossing from Morroco to Spain has been done by swimmers.

http://www.swim2africa.com/index.php?op ... Itemid=152

Old very light skiffs were not much more powerful than the best modern swimmers.

"Europe and Africa are separated by 7.7 nautical miles (14.3 km; 8.9 mi) of ocean at the strait's narrowest point. The Strait's depth ranges between 300 and 900 metres (160 and 490 fathoms; 980 and 3,000 ft)[4] which possibly interacted with the lower mean sea level of the last major glaciation 20,000 years ago[5] when the level of the sea is believed to have been lower by 110–120 m (60–66 fathoms; 360–390 ft).[6] Ferries cross between the two continents every day in as little as 35 minutes. The Spanish side of the Strait is protected under El Estrecho Natural Park."
Wikipedia

There had to be more than one migration out of Africa. There are SNPs from the Geno2 that I don't match in the Y-tree.

MtDNA:
U5b2b
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:32 pm
There was a Bronze child tested for MTDNA in Ireland and 13 children from a local school. I heard that four of the children matched the Bronze-age child. The MT results were U5.
Previous

Return to mtDNA Discussions