FTDNA personal page mtDNA results

Any discussions regarding mt-DNA markers, results or questions.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:34 pm
Hi all,

I just noticed a few hours ago that FTDNA personal pages have a change under the mtDNA tab. If you click on Results, you will see three new tabs: rCRS Values (the old Results), RSRS Values, and mtDNA Community. The RSRS tab will give you your results as measured against the Reconstructed Sapiens Reference Sequence introduced in the Behar et al. (2021b) paper in April. The RSRS is - more or less - mitochondrial Eve.
Clicking on the mtDNA Communty tab allow you to "Upload to mtDNACommunity.org ". From my page, it has my name and password, but asks me to confirm my password. What is my password? I'm not sure. But more importantly, do I want to upload to mtDNA Community? Upload what? My GenBank sequence is already there. There is a place to click to learn more, which takes you to the same place as the one under RSRS.

The other new thing is that opposite your haplogroup designation is your NCBI (GenBank) Number - if you have one. (These also show up from GAP pages - even if the person has not clicked the box so you can see their results.) Once you know your GenBank or NCBI number, you can go to mtDNACommunity.org and look at it.

More study is needed here.

Bill Hurst

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:48 pm
Hi again,

The FTDNA FAQ says they will notify you if your consented FMS results are used in a research study. The listing of your NCBI number on your personal page may be their way of doing just that.

FTDNA has said they will change to the new subclade designations from the PhyloTree Build 14. If you go to mtDNACommunity.org and, under Phylogeny, click on Sample, and enter your NCBI number - whether from Behar's submission or direct submission, you will see your new subclade designation. Obviously, that does not a notification of your new subclade designation, mainly since it does not apply to anyone whose results are not on GenBank.

Bill Hurst

YDNA:
R-L21>DF13**
MtDNA:
H11a2a
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:56 pm
I have tested my MtDNA at Genebase and I just checked and my mtDNA Subclade test is back to Pending. Previously I was H11a but since via 23andme I was H11a2.
148326 DF13** Celtic, Goidelic 111 Marker: GD1/67 & GD3/111 Watterson USA, Cook(UK/Scot Heritage) with a GD5/111, Codere(Watterson(McWalter))IOM GD8/111 and Ross Scotland GD13/111. Cluster 13*-1130-A1: 20 off-modals from L21.
Sorted slow to fast: 531=>12, 497=15, 511=11, 19=>15, 385a=12, 441=14, 552=25, 447=24, 513=11, 557=<15, 446=14, 464d=18, 456=18, 534=16, 449=31, 576=17, 710=36 and 712=>21 68-111Panel
DF13>FGC5496.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By9Y3j ... sp=sharing
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:31 pm
Bill Hurst wrote:Hi again,

The FTDNA FAQ says they will notify you if your consented FMS results are used in a research study. The listing of your NCBI number on your personal page may be their way of doing just that.

FTDNA has said they will change to the new subclade designations from the PhyloTree Build 14. If you go to mtDNACommunity.org and, under Phylogeny, click on Sample, and enter your NCBI number - whether from Behar's submission or direct submission, you will see your new subclade designation. Obviously, that does not a notification of your new subclade designation, mainly since it does not apply to anyone whose results are not on GenBank.

Bill Hurst

OK I did this and I got results. I have been changed from H4a to H4a1c1. So I guess that means I am on GenBank. I was never quite sure, as I was confused about it all early on, and couldn't figure out if I had submitted or not.

Now I wonder how many H4a1c1 there are?
R. Walker
YDNA:
(dad) I2b1-X
MtDNA:
me V dad also V
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:43 pm
I also joined I have gone from plain V to V10b there is also a private extra+ :o not sure what the private extra means.

basque :roll:
Me Susan Cotton Ackroyd Gedmatch: Ftdna kit no. F171791 - 23&me kit no. M691047
Father Maurice Arthur Cotton ftdna kit no. F173573
Family name Cotton mostly from England (Warwickshire Yorkshire)

Husband Anthony Edward Ackroyd ftdna kit no: 177578. Y hg R-P312* Mito J
Anthony is adopted poss biological surname match Bradley.
Birth family names Murray and Brown both Scottish origin.
Biological father was an American in the AirForce based in Yorkshire England.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:31 am
R. Walker wrote:
Bill Hurst wrote:Hi again,

Bill Hurst

OK I did this and I got results. I have been changed from H4a to H4a1c1. So I guess that means I am on GenBank. I was never quite sure, as I was confused about it all early on, and couldn't figure out if I had submitted or not.

Now I wonder how many H4a1c1 there are?
R. Walker

I know of four, including you. Switzerland, Prussia, Germany, unknown origin.
YDNA:
R1b, L21, DF21, L720
MtDNA:
J2b1a2
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:14 am
basque wrote:I also joined I have gone from plain V to V10b there is also a private extra+ :o not sure what the private extra means.

Hi Basque. I think "private extra" just means the mutations you have that are in addition to those that define your subclade.

My designation did not change when I joined (for Js a whole lot more people have to join to be useful, for sure--has this thing even been formally announced?).

My entry looks like this:

Haplogroup J2b1a2
Private Extra C150T 309.1C 315.1C 522.1A 522.2C G6260A T15601C C16261T

So essentially everything that consists of the differences from rCRS that defines J2b1a2 is covered by the haplogroup designation and all the other mutations are as of yet "extra" because they don't define an additional subclade division (well, they wouldn't as there are only four or five J2b1a2s in the entire genetic genealogy community!).

BTW I don't like the interface because I have to use the free fields to put in data about my most distant ancestress--the toggle options are too limited.

Best,
JA
Y DNA lineage ancestor: Isaac Farris (b. 1787 in Virginia, USA)
mtDNA lineage ancestress: Ruth Stovall (b. 1731 in Virginia, USA)
Oldest known of any line: Ralfe Hurte (b. ca. 1410, Ashbourne, Derbyshire, England)

Known Surnames of 3rd gr.-grands:
Farris, Ramey, Montgomery, Summers, Tupman, Reynolds, Griffin, Atkinson, Powell, Witt, Dunaway, Woolery, White, Nickerson, Griest, Humbert, Mullin, Peacock, Heeter, Peters, Kern, Law, Meade, Conley, Estep, Lemaster, May, Caudill, Cooper, Salyer
YDNA:
(dad) I2b1-X
MtDNA:
me V dad also V
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:10 pm
JAFarris wrote:
basque wrote:I also joined I have gone from plain V to V10b there is also a private extra+ :o not sure what the private extra means.

Hi Basque. I think "private extra" just means the mutations you have that are in addition to those that define your subclade.

My designation did not change when I joined (for Js a whole lot more people have to join to be useful, for sure--has this thing even been formally announced?).

Haplogroup J2b1a2
Private Extra C150T 309.1C 315.1C 522.1A 522.2C G6260A T15601C C16261T

So essentially everything that consists of the differences from rCRS that defines J2b1a2 is covered by the haplogroup designation and all the other mutations are as of yet "extra" because they don't define an additional subclade division (well, they wouldn't as there are only four or five J2b1a2s in the entire genetic genealogy community!).

BTW I don't like the interface because I have to use the free fields to put in data about my most distant ancestress--the toggle options are too limited.

Best,
JA

JA

V10b
Private Extra: 309.1C 315.1C 522.1A 522.2C T9098g

As yet no matches and could not put distant ancestress in only goes back to 1912 :?

Me Susan Cotton Ackroyd Gedmatch: Ftdna kit no. F171791 - 23&me kit no. M691047
Father Maurice Arthur Cotton ftdna kit no. F173573
Family name Cotton mostly from England (Warwickshire Yorkshire)

Husband Anthony Edward Ackroyd ftdna kit no: 177578. Y hg R-P312* Mito J
Anthony is adopted poss biological surname match Bradley.
Birth family names Murray and Brown both Scottish origin.
Biological father was an American in the AirForce based in Yorkshire England.

YDNA:
R1b-Z12*
MtDNA:
I3b (FMS)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:38 am
Bill Hurst wrote:Hi all,

I just noticed a few hours ago that FTDNA personal pages have a change under the mtDNA tab. If you click on Results, you will see three new tabs: rCRS Values (the old Results), RSRS Values, and mtDNA Community. The RSRS tab will give you your results as measured against the Reconstructed Sapiens Reference Sequence introduced in the Behar et al. (2021b) paper in April. The RSRS is - more or less - mitochondrial Eve.
Clicking on the mtDNA Communty tab allow you to "Upload to mtDNACommunity.org ". From my page, it has my name and password, but asks me to confirm my password. What is my password? I'm not sure. But more importantly, do I want to upload to mtDNA Community? Upload what? My GenBank sequence is already there. There is a place to click to learn more, which takes you to the same place as the one under RSRS.

The other new thing is that opposite your haplogroup designation is your NCBI (GenBank) Number - if you have one. (These also show up from GAP pages - even if the person has not clicked the box so you can see their results.) Once you know your GenBank or NCBI number, you can go to mtDNACommunity.org and look at it.

More study is needed here.

Bill Hurst

I note that FTDNA has not made an entry in the Release Notes on the home page about these changes. They also haven't updated the Page Help for mtDNA results to include anything about the RSRS. Seems FTDNA IT is reverting to its sloppy QA habits.

My data is also in GenBank already, via the Ian Logan procedure. So what if any use is mtDNACommunity.org to me?
Use Profile/Edit Profile in User Control Panel to add your Y-DNA and mtDNA values.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:53 am
GTC wrote:My data is also in GenBank already, via the Ian Logan procedure. So what if any use is mtDNACommunity.org to me?

Perhaps the new tool is designed for people who are less proficient. Also, by searching the tree I was able to get links to the new GenBank ID that also include ancestry information (which is not available in the GenBank entries). However, I also noticed that they have some incorrect haplogroup assignments in the search function.
Next

Return to mtDNA Discussions