The History of Slavs Inferred from Complete Mitochondrial Ge

Any discussions regarding mt-DNA markers, results or questions.

YDNA:
R1a1a
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:15 am
GailT wrote:Dienekes linked to this presentation (in Greek, but the slides are in English). It certainly seems possible that some H could have arrived in southeastern Europe before the Neolithic revolution. And perhaps they identified some early H European samples in this study - will have to wait for the paper. But I'm suspicious of all ancient mtDNA sample IDs based on one or two HVR markers that are not confirmed using tests of coding region markers. If you are going to go to all of the effort to avoid contamination, why not also test the coding region? Yeah, it's difficult and expensive. But if you can't reliably test the coding region, why should anyone trust the HVR results?

My opinion is that there was no such thing as Europe during the Mesolithic. There was Northern Europe dominated by mtDNA U, and the Mediterranean Basin with a lot more mtDNA diversity.

So the mtDNA H in Northern, Central and Eastern Europe might have come from what is now Southern Europe during the Neolithic, and arrived there from the Near East during the Epipaleolithic.

http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Ad ... ne.0049802

The result of our palaeogenetic study is important because it represents the first mtDNA data available for an early Holocene (Mesolithic) human from southern Europe or the Mediterranean. In addition, the fact that the mtDNA of Oriente B belongs to the HV-1 haplotype is noteworthy, because it has been suggested that most of the HV haplogroups in Europe expanded from the Near East and Caucasus region before the Last Glacial Maximum, having a coalescence age of 30,000±4,000 BP [54]–[56]. The HV-1 haplogroup, which belongs to the HV-family, is absent in most of Europe and India and it seems to have an epicentre of frequency and diversity in the Trans-Caucasus area. This suggests that the ancestors of the hunter-gatherers of Favignana might ultimately have originated from the Near East and Caucasus region.

YDNA:
I2a2
MtDNA:
H1a1
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:43 pm
mouglley wrote:
Michał wrote:
mouglley wrote:N1c-L1025's in Polish population are Baltic only..

For example, the fraternal SNP Z1936, which are Finno-Ugric for sure, appeared 4500-5500 years ago someware in Siberia.
It was Z1936 who brought Finnic languages in Europe.
And some of them speak Ugric (Hungarians) languages and Samoyedic languages, which isn't Ugric, of course, (Nenets) now.

"SNP Z1936,wich are Finno-Ugric for sure,..."
For sure?

How do you know that?

YDNA:
R1a1a1a R-L664
MtDNA:
U5b2b2 PhyloTree
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:02 am
Well, I'm not a scientist. And after finishing up a bottle of brandy, I'm feeling my oats. From what I observe of the local female descendants of Slavic immigrants, they're OK. I just don't have any use for their male relatives.
:lol:
Mitosearch: G986T
Previous

Return to mtDNA Discussions