All My Ancestry

Discussions concerning Autosomal DNA.

Moderator: CeCeMoore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:57 pm
I should receive the results of my All My Ancestry test from ScotlandsDNA next week. Has anyone else had their Autosomal DNA tested by this company? And if so, how did you interpret the results? This is the first Autosomal test I've had, and I believe it's not as straightforward as the results of YDNA or mtDNA tests, where they simply assign you a Haplogroup.

All advice gratefully received! :D

YDNA:
R-DF41
MtDNA:
U5a2c3a
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:52 pm
DavidCoutts wrote:I should receive the results of my All My Ancestry test from ScotlandsDNA next week. Has anyone else had their Autosomal DNA tested by this company? And if so, how did you interpret the results? This is the first Autosomal test I've had, and I believe it's not as straightforward as the results of YDNA or mtDNA tests, where they simply assign you a Haplogroup.

I cannot offer any advice, but I ordered the Chromo2 Complete from BritainsDNA and am still waiting on the All My Ancestry part. I got all the rest of my results ahead of schedule, so I am well pleased and don't mind waiting a little longer for the AMA.

YDNA:
R-DF41
MtDNA:
U5a2c3a
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:32 pm
I got my All My Ancestry results today. I cluster with the British and Irish, who cluster together, at least on the chart to which I am referring. The French and Germans are the next closest little groups of colored dots, with the Germans to the right and the French directly below my little knot of British and Irish dots.

YDNA:
R-DF41
MtDNA:
U5a2c3a
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:34 pm
DavidCoutts wrote:I should receive the results of my All My Ancestry test from ScotlandsDNA next week. Has anyone else had their Autosomal DNA tested by this company? And if so, how did you interpret the results? This is the first Autosomal test I've had, and I believe it's not as straightforward as the results of YDNA or mtDNA tests, where they simply assign you a Haplogroup.

Did you order the "Red Head" test, David?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:04 pm
Yes, I did, as it was part of the complete package special offer.

YDNA:
R-DF41
MtDNA:
U5a2c3a
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:47 am
DavidCoutts wrote:Yes, I did, as it was part of the complete package special offer.

Are you a carrier, or are you still waiting on the result?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:40 am
Still waiting on the result.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:16 pm
OK, I've just received my All My Ancestry results. If - and it's a BIG "if" - I'm reading this correctly, I cluster most closely with British and Irish, then German and Norwegian next.

Return to Autosomal DNA