T2
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:03 am
On my Geno 2.0 results page, I have the following breakdown;

38% Northern European
31% Mediterranean
16% Southwest Asian
11% Native American
2% Northeast Asian

The surprising part of this, for me, is the 2% Northeast Asian. My grandfather is Mexican American (hence the 11% native American). Is the Northeast Asian component found in native Americans at all? I'm trying to explain that 2%, but can't seem to figure out how it got there...

MtDNA:
U5b2b
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:20 am
California Bear wrote:On my Geno 2.0 results page, I have the following breakdown;

38% Northern European
31% Mediterranean
16% Southwest Asian
11% Native American
2% Northeast Asian

The surprising part of this, for me, is the 2% Northeast Asian. My grandfather is Mexican American (hence the 11% native American). Is the Northeast Asian component found in native Americans at all? I'm trying to explain that 2%, but can't seem to figure out how it got there...

There has to be a link between the NA and the Northeast Asians.

YDNA:
R1a
MtDNA:
T2
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:37 pm
dartraighe wrote:There has to be a link between the NA and the Northeast Asians.

I was thinking that too, but under the reference populations over at the Geno website, I was unable to find any Northeast Asian component in Native American populations...

MtDNA:
U5b2b
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:52 pm
California Bear wrote:
dartraighe wrote:There has to be a link between the NA and the Northeast Asians.

I was thinking that too, but under the reference populations over at the Geno website, I was unable to find any Northeast Asian component in Native American populations...

The NA must have some northeast Asian dna as they traveled through that region on their way to America and they are bound to have relatives there.

Return to Autosomal DNA