23 and me relative finder/subscription

General discussions regarding DNA and its uses in genealogy research

YDNA:
I-L126
MtDNA:
H3
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:32 pm
A while back there was some hoo ha over the companies subscription terms; it seemed that if you didn't subscribe then you lost the relative finder feature. However I noticed something strange this week, my total number of relatives has peaked and seems not to have changed, but I have quite a few new matches. Would it be a case that as newer matches come in that old ones are being lost?
Come away, O human child!
To the waters and the wild
With a faery, hand in hand,
For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand.

YDNA:
R1b FGC30121+
MtDNA:
H1c3b* Helga (FGS)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:01 pm
If I recall I heard we would keep the RF feature. We wouldn't lose current matches only not gain any new ones.

They also said we would get all updates including new RF matches up to the end of June or July (I think). This may have changed, but I can confirm I am still getting updates for 3 of 4 of my accounts and the subs have expired!

hth

rossa wrote:A while back there was some hoo ha over the companies subscription terms; it seemed that if you didn't subscribe then you lost the relative finder feature. However I noticed something strange this week, my total number of relatives has peaked and seems not to have changed, but I have quite a few new matches. Would it be a case that as newer matches come in that old ones are being lost?
Last edited by Solothurn on Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eurogenes/GedMatch K36

North_Sea 19.47%
North_Atlantic 16.32%
Iberian 12.61%
Fennoscandian 11.36%
Italian 11.18%
East_Central_Euro 8.92%
Central_Euro 6.77%
French 4.67%
Eastern_Euro 3.50%
West_Med 1.39%
East_Balkan 1.34%
South_Central_Asian 1.34%

YDNA:
I-L126
MtDNA:
H3
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:31 pm
Hmm, there was a while when I would look at the page and the number didn't change and just yesterday I looked and decided to filter by date added and saw names I didn't see before (actually one has been added today). Maybe it may have been people making their profile public.
Come away, O human child!
To the waters and the wild
With a faery, hand in hand,
For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand.

Return to General DNA Discussion