Hi from an I

YDNA:
R1b-Z12*
MtDNA:
I3b (FMS)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:03 pm
Thanks for letting us know Sam. It's always nice to see another member of our rare haplogroup I.

Here is our section the mtDNA Phylotree as it currently stands as of Build 15:

http://www.phylotree.org/tree/subtree_N.htm

Build 16 is reportedly in the works, and should be available soon. It will be interesting to see what, if any, changes are in that build for our haplogroup. A new branch (or subclade) is created once at least 2 people have been officially identified with a set of "new" mutations, as you can see from the references to the extreme right of each.

According to van Oven (2008) and Behar (2012), I5 is quite an old subclade:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup ... NA%29#Tree

I would support Martha's suggestion to have FMS done at FTDNA and to submit your results to GenBank. Once in GenBank Mannis van Oven will be able to determine if your mutations represent a new subclade on the Phylotree.

Also, once you have your FTDNA results, you are eligible to join this project:

http://www.familytreedna.com/public/mtD ... =mtresults
Use Profile/Edit Profile in User Control Panel to add your Y-DNA and mtDNA values.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:33 am
have a contact with an Italian from alpine Veneto who was tested in 23andme and the results where
ydna = j2b2

mtdna = I4

where does I4 originate from?

YDNA:
R- Z2110 (KV7Y2)
MtDNA:
K1a1b1e/HQ176413
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:19 am
stoeni wrote:have a contact with an Italian from alpine Veneto who was tested in 23andme and the results where
ydna = j2b2

mtdna = I4

We should see his position as to I4a A10819G and I4b A2308G G4113A C13662T.
I4a goes from Italy to North Europe and would seem linked to the European Hunter gatherers.
I4b is very rare and more diffused in Iran-Pakistan.
As the mutations of I4b are three, and that of I4a only one, it is more likely that your sample is I4 or I4a.
It would be interesting to see his data, because this could be a case of an haplogroup comes out from the Italian Refugium, because, even though overwhelmingly Northern European, there are many cases from Italy which could be the most ancient.
If this friend of yours sends you his 23andMe, I'd be glad to exam his data.
Last edited by Gioiello on Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:37 am
Gioiello wrote:
stoeni wrote:have a contact with an Italian from alpine Veneto who was tested in 23andme and the results where
ydna = j2b2

mtdna = I4

We should see his position as to I4a A10819G and I4b A2308G G4113A C13662T.
I4a goes from Italy to North Europe and would seem linked to the European Hunter gatherers.
I4b is very rare and more diffused in Iran-Pakistan.
As the mutations of I4b are three, and that of I4a only one, it is more likely that your sample is I4 or I4a.
It would be interesting to see his data, because this could be a case of an haplogroup comes out from the Italian Refugium, because, even though overwhelmingly Northern European, there are many cases from Italy which could be the most ancient.
If this friend of yours send you his 23andMe, I'd be glad to exam his data.

ok, I am getting ( trying ) it , from her for Chris of ALPGEN. I will see what she says. we are linked in 23andme.

Her mother is from Savona Liguria...but these are her fathers results , which is from longarone Veneto IIRC

YDNA:
R- Z2110 (KV7Y2)
MtDNA:
K1a1b1e/HQ176413
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:46 am
stoeni wrote:ok, I am getting ( trying ) it , from her for Chris of ALPGEN. I will see what she says. we are linked in 23andme.

Her mother is from Savona Liguria...but these are her fathers results , which is from longarone Veneto IIRC

The age of I4 is given by Behar 2012b as 14912.6 +/- 5955.1, which does mean LGM, thus European Hunter Gatherers.
I4a is given 2124.0 +/- 6112.6, which does mean expansion after LGM or Younger Dryas.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:33 am
Gioiello wrote:
stoeni wrote:ok, I am getting ( trying ) it , from her for Chris of ALPGEN. I will see what she says. we are linked in 23andme.

The age of I4 is given by Behar 2012b as 14912.6 +/- 5955.1, which does mean LGM, thus European Hunter Gatherers.
I4a is given 2124.0 +/- 6112.6, which does mean expansion after LGM or Younger Dryas.

best if I let Flavia talk to you ,...........what is your email address ( or where can I find it ) and I will post it to her.
I promised her I will try to find her past, but I am not good enough for these unique markers she has.

BTW, she is L3f1b .........very fair skin,

YDNA:
R- Z2110 (KV7Y2)
MtDNA:
K1a1b1e/HQ176413
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:47 am
stoeni wrote:best if I let Flavia talk to you ,...........what is your email address ( or where can I find it ) and I will post it to her.
I promised her I will try to find her past, but I am not good enough for these unique markers she has.

My address is gioiellotgnn06 at gmail.com. It is interesting that Flavia, if from Liguria, has this African haplogroup come back to Europe from those European people migrated to North Africa during the LGM and come back perhaps 8000 years ago to Europe with a few African mt-s. It will be interesting also her mt and the link with the Spanish ones studied recently.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:21 pm
Gioiello wrote:
stoeni wrote:best if I let Flavia talk to you ,...........what is your email address ( or where can I find it ) and I will post it to her.

My address is gioiellotgnn06 at gmail.com. It is interesting that Flavia, if from Liguria, has this African haplogroup come back to Europe from those European people migrated to North Africa during the LGM and come back perhaps 8000 years ago to Europe with a few African mt-s. It will be interesting also her mt and the link with the Spanish ones studied recently.

I sent her your email address ............and told her she can write in either Italian or English..............she is very fair skinned, I once said to her, that she has no olive skin like an italian...........more like an irish with milky colour :)
Previous

Return to Haplogroup I (mtDNA)