Hi from an I

YDNA:
R1b-Z12*
MtDNA:
I3b (FMS)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:23 am
I've done the FMS (previously known as FGS) and according to FTDNA's outdated haplotree I'm plain "I".

23andMe classifies me as I3.

Informed rumor is that FTDNA will finally do something about updating its myDNA haplotree in the not too distant future.
Use Profile/Edit Profile in User Control Panel to add your Y-DNA and mtDNA values.

YDNA:
R1b-Z12*
MtDNA:
I3b (FMS)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:34 pm
Phylotree build 14 is up.

Quite a bit of re-assignment on it. No more news on when FTDNA will get around to updating its own very out of date haplotree.
Use Profile/Edit Profile in User Control Panel to add your Y-DNA and mtDNA values.
MtDNA:
I5
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:35 am
Hello! I belong to mtDNA haplogroup I5. To promote further development and study of haplogroup I, I would like to encourage everyone in this group to not only have full mtDNA sequencing done, but to submit the results to GenBank. This makes the sequences available to researchers. Many more are needed in order to further refine the subclades.

Ian Logan is someone who maintains a register of all mtDNA submissions to GenBank. He can assist with the submission process, and also has a do-it-yourself utility. Here is a link to a page of his web site: http://www.ianlogan.co.uk/Submission.htm

If you have not already done so, please submit your sequence to GenBank. Your identity is NOT made public (unless you so choose).
*mtDNA Haplogroup = I5c1
-- Maternal line from Wittorf in Northern Germany

*Co-Administrator of the mtDNA Haplogroup I Project

-------------------------------------------------------------------
*Father's Y-DNA Haplogroup = J-L26 (J-PF5116)
*Father's mtDNA Haplogroup = U5b3
*Maternal Grandfather's Y-DNA Haplogroup = R1b-Z326 (Z319)
*Husband's Y-DNA Haplogroup = I-L22 (Z74)

YDNA:
R1b-Z12*
MtDNA:
I3b (FMS)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:10 am
Martha wrote:Hello! I belong to mtDNA haplogroup I5. To promote further development and study of haplogroup I, I would like to encourage everyone in this group to not only have full mtDNA sequencing done, but to submit the results to GenBank. This makes the sequences available to researchers. Many more are needed in order to further refine the subclades.

I fully support Martha's request. Haplogroup I is quite rare and we need as many submissions as we can muster.

My own submission helped define I3b.

YDNA:
N1c1a1a1a2 (L591+)
MtDNA:
I1a1a
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:08 pm
Martha wrote:Hello! I belong to mtDNA haplogroup I5. To promote further development and study of haplogroup I, I would like to encourage everyone in this group to not only have full mtDNA sequencing done, but to submit the results to GenBank. This makes the sequences available to researchers. Many more are needed in order to further refine the subclades.

Ian Logan is someone who maintains a register of all mtDNA submissions to GenBank. He can assist with the submission process, and also has a do-it-yourself utility. Here is a link to a page of his web site: http://www.ianlogan.co.uk/Submission.htm

If you have not already done so, please submit your sequence to GenBank. Your identity is NOT made public (unless you so choose).

I submitted to GenBank today (I1a1a).
MtDNA:
I5
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:23 pm
Jonik wrote:I submitted to GenBank today (I1a1a).

That is wonderful!!!!! Thank you for letting us know.
*mtDNA Haplogroup = I5c1

YDNA:
R1a1a1b2a1a1
MtDNA:
Q2a
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:28 pm
My wife's mtDNA is I4, I had a hard time trying to get her to get her DNA test done in the first place, her test was through 23andMe, will you guys accept her results from 23andMe?

YDNA:
R1b-Z12*
MtDNA:
I3b (FMS)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:08 am
Mehrdad wrote:My wife's mtDNA is I4, I had a hard time trying to get her to get her DNA test done in the first place, her test was through 23andMe, will you guys accept her results from 23andMe?

Sure will.
MtDNA:
I5
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:45 pm
Hi there,

I'm very new to this but after a google search for I5, I stumbled on this board... 23&Me tells me that I am in the I5 group which on their site, consists of myself, my sister and my mother. But very interested to see at least one more here. (And I also submitted my info to Ian).

Best,
Sam
MtDNA:
I5
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:05 pm
SpiderSFB wrote:Hi there,
I'm very new to this but after a google search for I5, I stumbled on this board... 23&Me tells me that I am in the I5 group which on their site, consists of myself, my sister and my mother. But very interested to see at least one more here. (And I also submitted my info to Ian). Best, Sam

Hi Sam - If sounds like you belong to a rare subclade of I5. If 23andMe has not assigned you to I5a, then you either belong to one of the new/soon-to-be-official I5 subclades of I5b or I5c (my subclade) - or- you will be in a brand new subclade of I5 that has not yet been found. You might want to get full-sequence mtDNA testing to find out. That way, you will not only know where you fit on the official mtDNA tree, but you can submit the results to GenBank to make the data available to researchers.
*mtDNA Haplogroup = I5c1

Next

Return to Haplogroup I (mtDNA)