Also K1a2 from the Italian Refugium?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:39 am
Diana wrote:Hello Bill,

I have to say though that I did see it in this thread prior to getting my results which is adding to the confusion. MC3551, that's why I was confused when you said it was me. Honestly I have read this thread it was not added recently but last year... How do I find my number on mtDNA community?

If it helps I can provide user name and password.

Thank you to everyone helping.

Diana
Bill Hurst wrote:
Diana wrote:Hi Bill, that can't be me! Gio posted this in 2012, see below..

Diane, the first sentence "This sample from Italy with 153G was already known from Behar 2102b." was in Gioello's post this morning, not in 2012.

Gioello, you keep saying the sample was added to "Behar 2012b." What does that mean? Was it added to the paper? I don't think so. Was it added to GenBank? I don't think so. The only place it has been added was to mtDNA Community, by Diane, yesterday. That is not adding it to "Behar 2012b." If it were on GenBank, the MC entry would have an accession number listed. It does not. If there was a K with any of the three additional coding-region mutations in this sequence, they would show up on a Google search. They do not. If there were two people at FTDNA with this sequence, Diane would have a match. She does not. Diane got her results yesterday. I saw them and explained them to her yesterday. She says she submitted the results to mtDNA Community yesterday. And there they are today! There is no reference to MC3551 or the three mutations in this thread, or on this website, before today.

Diana, first I made a typo; it's MC3351. Do a search in the upper right corner of this website for MC3351. All posts are from today. I can't see your mtDNA Community entry from my administrator's page. If you really want me to look, send your FTDNA password to me via my e-mail, which you have from yesterday. DON'T post that here.

YDNA:
U152-Z56-Z146
MtDNA:
K1a2
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:13 am
Hello Bill,

I'm sorry, I was wrong and you are correct. I see what you mean now. For some reason I thought it was in the first post to this thread.

Diana

Gioello, you keep saying the sample was added to "Behar 2012b." What does that mean? Was it added to the paper? I don't think so. Was it added to GenBank? I don't think so. The only place it has been added was to mtDNA Community, by Diane, yesterday. That is not adding it to "Behar 2012b." If it were on GenBank, the MC entry would have an accession number listed. It does not. If there was a K with any of the three additional coding-region mutations in this sequence, they would show up on a Google search. They do not. If there were two people at FTDNA with this sequence, Diane would have a match. She does not. Diane got her results yesterday. I saw them and explained them to her yesterday. She says she submitted the results to mtDNA Community yesterday. And there they are today! There is no reference to MC3551 or the three mutations in this thread, or on this website, before today.[/quote][/quote]
Diana, first I made a typo; it's MC3351. Do a search in the upper right corner of this website for MC3351. All posts are from today. I can't see your mtDNA Community entry from my administrator's page. If you really want me to look, send your FTDNA password to me via my e-mail, which you have from yesterday. DON'T post that here.[/quote]

YDNA:
R- Z2110 (KV7Y2)
MtDNA:
K1a1b1e/HQ176413
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:35 am
"K1a2, dating to ~17 ka, may have a similar history again. It is predominantly European but with a single Armenian lineage at its root, possibly indicating a Near Eastern source and an early Late Glacial dispersal into Europe: K1a2a and K1a2b are both wholly European and date to the Neolithic and Late Glacial respectively. There is also a derived Anatolian lineage within the minor K1a2d, suggesting back-migration from Europe" (Costa et al., 2013, Supplements, p. 30).

@Diana
Of course Costa et al. didn't know your sample, thus what I have said maintains all its meaning.
Previous

Return to Haplogroup K (mtDNA)