About Batini 2015 (from FB G-M201 group)

Any discussions regarding y-DNA markers, results or questions.

YDNA:
R- Z2110 (KV7Y2)
MtDNA:
K1a1b1e/HQ176413
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 2:43 am
Gioiello Tognoni I let you note that the highest presence in Iberia is just in the Valencia region and Middle Portugal when we have the presence of other haplogroups like R-L51, i.e. where the agriculturalists arrived from Italy 7500 years ago as Zilhao demonstrated. That the highest presence of hg. G is Italy and the Caucasus has been demonstrated many times already in the past.
William Hill Gioiello Tognoni please see my post from yesterday, it seems like all the boards exploding leading to Iberia, F*, G1, G2A1...the predecessor, and all the early clades.
Gioiello Tognoni Nothing against Iberia, but I ask why the highest presence of many haplogroups is always in the Valencia region and Middle Portugal. I gave a glance to the Batini's paper: it is always the same story: an origin of R1b1a2 from the steppes... but that isn't demonstrated from the mt expansion, thus we need more aDNA data, and for them we are waiting. The fact is that the oldest haplogroups were everywhere and for knowing the pathway of their diffusion we need just aDNA.
Stephen Asciak Gioiello could you please post a link to the Batini's paper. Thankyou
Gioiello Tognoni Stephen Asciak, I found the link on your blog FB G-M201. It is the paper we are speaking about. "Demographic inference from whole mtDNA sequences16, however, does not show recent and sudden expansion. This suggests that the recent events responsible for shaping modern MSY variation were male specific. [...]The period 4–5 KYA (the Early Bronze Age) is characterized by rapid and widespread change, involving changes in burial practices that might signify an emphasis on individuals or kin groups, the spread of horse riding, and the emergence of elites and developments in weaponry35. In principle male-driven social selection36 associated with these changes could have led to rapid local increases in the frequencies of introgressing haplogroups34, and subsequent spread, as has been suggested for Asia37. However, cultures across Europe remain diverse during this period; clarifying the temporal and geographical pattern of the shift will rely heavily on additional ancient DNA data." (page 5).

Return to y-DNA Discussions