Haplogroup U mtDNA projects

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:46 am
I'm a volunteer admin or co-admin for several of the FTDNA mtDNA haplogroup U projects. The projects are currently only open to people who tested or transferred results to FTDNA, but for people who tested at other companies, I can check to see how closely you match FTDNA test results if you email me privately.

For people who have tested the full mtDNA genome (aka FMS, FGS "Mega") please consider joining the mtDNA project and please also consider setting permission for the project admins to see the coding region results so that we can correctly place you in the U phylogenetic tree.

And Thanks to the forum managers for providing the new site!

Gail
YDNA:
I1d1 (I-M253)
MtDNA:
U5b2b3a
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:00 pm
Hi Gail,

I joined these two:

U5 mtDNA http://www.familytreedna.com/public/U5b/
U5b FGS mtDNA http://www.familytreedna.com/public/U5b_FGS/

Are there any others as well?
________________________________________________________________________________________
Maternal surnames: Gelpí, Lebrón, Ruiz, Vientos, Mendez, Jardines, Marty, Cintra, Crisostomos, Orta, Perez, Torres
Paternal surnames: Ramírez, Jiménez/Gimenes, Rodríguez, López, Pagán, Jacome, Rivera, del Toro, Figueroa, Carlo

Paternal mtDNA: A2k1
gedMatch ID: FN105290
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:27 am
GailT wrote:The projects are currently only open to people who tested or transferred results to FTDNA, but for people who tested at other companies, I can check to see how closely you match FTDNA test results if you email me privately.

A v3 23andMe full genome data was transferred to FTDNA, but as I understand it, only atDNA (Autosomal) is saved and calculated by FTDNA? So this data can not partecipate to a mtDNA-Project?
We have one U5b1b1 sample in our DNA-project (see here for mthap-Results). If you think it is useful I can arrange for a e-mail-transfer of the v3 23andMe mtDNA raw data; please send me PM.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:40 am
Alpeu wrote:A v3 23andMe full genome data was transferred to FTDNA, but as I understand it, only atDNA (Autosomal) is saved and calculated by FTDNA? So this data can not partecipate to a mtDNA-Project?
We have one U5b1b1 sample in our DNA-project (see here for mthap-Results). If you think it is useful I can arrange for a e-mail-transfer of the v3 23andMe mtDNA raw data; please send me PM.

Probably not - it is difficult to include the 23andMe results because they do not test a large portion of the genome. I can check for people to see if any of their "extra" mutations indicate a close match with FTDNA project members, but in this case the extra mutation at 16263 seems to be unique for U5b1b.

Gail

Return to Haplogroup U (mtDNA)