U2e Coding Region

YDNA:
N1c1d1a1c
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:57 am
Tonight I received my mom's mtDNA results from FTDNA. She's haplogroup U2e and I noticed that she seems to have a high number of Coding Region differences from the rCRS. Twenty-four to be exact, plus ten HVR1 differences and 6 HVR2. I've only seen my father's mtDNA results before and he only had a few differences so 24 stands out as a lot to me. Is it? Or is that normal?

Thanks!
Dorothy
Dad - FTDNA 216468
ysearch 3SWJT
yDNA N L1027+
mtDNA H

Mom - FTDNA 236506
mitosearch 3KD32
mtDNA U2e
yDNA I1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:44 am
disphoto wrote:Tonight I received my mom's mtDNA results from FTDNA. She's haplogroup U2e and I noticed that she seems to have a high number of Coding Region differences from the rCRS. Twenty-four to be exact, plus ten HVR1 differences and 6 HVR2. I've only seen my father's mtDNA results before and he only had a few differences so 24 stands out as a lot to me. Is it? Or is that normal?

Thanks!
Dorothy

Hi Dorothy, I'm one of the volunteer admins for the U2 project and I just sent you an email about the results. The reference sequence is in haplogroup H2a2a, so anyone who is not in H2a2a has a larger number of mutations listed. For those of haplogroup U we have, in effect, all of our mutations and all of the H2a2a mutations listed in our test results. This is just an artifact from the fact that they had to chose an arbitrary reference point. Also, your U2e haplogroup is quite rare with an very unusual geographic distribution!

Gail

YDNA:
R- Z2110 (KV7Y2)
MtDNA:
K1a1b1e/HQ176413
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:41 am
I am seeing that this weird haplotype of U2e belongs to an Italian person. Then it has so many mutations and we may suppose it is very ancient, or, better, it is the witness of an outlier. Of course the ancestors may have come from everywhere, but I found on SMGF and put on Mitosearch also a very weird U2d, so that the same Palanichamy asked me to test it with an FGS, but of course I wasn’t able to put him in contact with the owner. Sant’Angelo dei Lombardi had a Lombard settlement, is in Campania and in one of the most conservative Apennine regions of Central Italy, where we find other weird haplogroup, both of mtDNA and Y.

YDNA:
R- Z2110 (KV7Y2)
MtDNA:
K1a1b1e/HQ176413
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:57 am
At a first sight it seems clearly an U2e expanded from the Italian Refugium to North Western Europe like many other haplogroups, like my K1a1b1e, but I should look at the FGS.

Return to Haplogroup U (mtDNA)