Looks like I'm the first!

YDNA:
Pat-R-P312-DF27+
MtDNA:
Mat-U5b1d1 PatMt-A2
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:29 am
My husbands mt dna haplogroup is V7a. She is Polish.

Most of her matches are Ashkenazi as we suspected they would be. Her family was Jewish before they came to Illnois.

Any other V7's out there?
Did my infancy succeed another age of mine that dies before it? Was it that which I spent within my mother's womb? . . . And what before that life again, O God of my joy, was I anywhere or in any body?
~
Confessions of St. Augustine

MtDNA:
v7A
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:46 am
I am a V7a. I am an Ashkenazi Jew as are both my parents and all grandparents, etc.

YDNA:
Pat-R-P312-DF27+
MtDNA:
Mat-U5b1d1 PatMt-A2
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:45 am
Milehighhorse wrote:I am a V7a. I am an Ashkenazi Jew as are both my parents and all grandparents, etc.

I'm so glad to hear that, thank you. My mother in law I think is a bit anti semitic or maybe just confused. Her father was "GERMAN" and her mother was Polish. Except that they were hiding the Polish by saying they were also German which was untrue. She was raised in a household without religion and I'm pretty sure that her mother knew that she was a descendant of Jews but didn't say anything because her husband was "very GERMAN" if you know what I'm saying. He was a bit of a prejudiced kind of fellow. I knew she was Polish the first time I heard her last name.

So I get into doing her family tree and start coming up with all these Russian and Polish names. On Chanukah she tells me that her grandmas made the best Latkes! So I started doing searches on Jewishgen.org and find whatever family that stayed in Europe perished in the Holocaust! I showed her the names and the camps and the denied it and pushed it aside. So then my husband has his y and mt dna done. Mom comes back V7a and all her matches are Ashkenazi and 1 Mizrahi! All of her matches are from Russia, Latvia, Poland, Lithuania, Belarus. So I sent her all the info with all the matches and NOW she wants me to explain this to her. I would just like her to know the truth. No one is going to make her convert back to Judaism seeing as she is now a very fervent Conservative Baptist. I think everyone should know the truth and take it as a part of your history and embrace it. I don't want her to think that being Jewish by blood is anything wrong. I hope that now she will be more participant in my Chanukah party. Seeing as I have Jewish ancestry I think I felt sort of offended although I know I probably shouldn't but I've been in her position before except I embraced it and was proud of it. Different stroke for different folks.
Did my infancy succeed another age of mine that dies before it? Was it that which I spent within my mother's womb? . . . And what before that life again, O God of my joy, was I anywhere or in any body?
~
Confessions of St. Augustine

YDNA:
R1b1b2a1a2f
MtDNA:
V7a
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:18 am
I am an American male with all four grandparents born in north eastern Europe. These four grandparents where born of Jewish mothers. My mt Haplogroup is V7a, but my y Haplogroup is R1b1b2a1a2f. I never knew that Ashkanazi Jews formed an identifiable, genetic subgroup. I thought European Jews just interbred with other, non-Jewish Europeans.

RLift

Return to Haplogroup V (mtDNA)