Hello - New Here

You can discuss some non-genetic or non-genealogical things here. Pull up a chair and have a beer! But if you bring up politics or religion, the barman will cut you off. The forum rules do apply here especially regarding civility.
MtDNA:
U5a2c
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:56 pm
Hello,

I am new here. I joined this community looking for a serious discussion of human genetics without all the gossip and crazy people that I found on the other anthropology/genetics forums.

Regards,

AD
YDNA:
D2a1b
MtDNA:
H2a4
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:16 am
Well old mate, you've come to the wrong place. There are some serious, intelligent people here, but also a few trolls. Many of the more serious members have moved over to Anthrogenica where trolls are better dealt with. Anyway, good luck.
MtDNA:
U5a2c
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:29 am
Ian B wrote:Well old mate, you've come to the wrong place. There are some serious, intelligent people here, but also a few trolls. Many of the more serious members have moved over to Anthrogenica where trolls are better dealt with. Anyway, good luck.

I'd rather not go to Anthrogenica, that place is included in the family of forums alluded to my OP. I was hoping here would be a good place to get away from that scene.
YDNA:
D2a1b
MtDNA:
H2a4
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:38 am
AcadianDriftwood wrote:
Ian B wrote:Well old mate, you've come to the wrong place. There are some serious, intelligent people here, but also a few trolls. Many of the more serious members have moved over to Anthrogenica where trolls are better dealt with. Anyway, good luck.

I'd rather not go to Anthrogenica, that place is included in the family of forums alluded to my OP. I was hoping here would be a good place to get away from that scene.

Sorry cobber, as you can see from the Index pages, many of our more sensible and educated members haven't been active for quite some time. I guess it's a case of what you like, but, IMO this forum is dying.
YDNA:
D2a1b
MtDNA:
H2a4
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:56 am
@AcadianDriftwood: Further to my last post, what exactly are you looking for, Genealogy content, Genetic content or simply an all round forum where you can join conversations about a range of topics? I'd suggest that you search for other forums and read each one until you find what you want. I've found a very little bit of interest on Anthroscape, but overall it's pretty stupid.

Return to The Corner Pub