Humor, A Chuckle, Giggle, or Something Funny?

You can discuss some non-genetic or non-genealogical things here. Pull up a chair and have a beer! But if you bring up politics or religion, the barman will cut you off. The forum rules do apply here especially regarding civility.

YDNA:
R1b-L48-BY32442
MtDNA:
L1c1d(C8657T,16224C)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:16 am
28dosoemthing.jpg
When are you going to get out of that seat and do something?

Crew 1: Can someone live on the achievements of his ancestors?
Crewlady: I don’t know!
Crew 2: Is everyone the ancestor of someone?
Crew 3: Who will find the new frontier?
Crew 4: We must do something!
Whole Crew: Okay!

Book: Mello-everybody . . .
Thunder Dude: Is that M-E-L-L-O . . . the soft and wiggly snack that is great to eat?
Book: You bet . . . and you should try it with fruit cocktail!

Stink-a-ogie Singers: Stink . . . Stink, Stink . . . Stink, Stink-a- ogie, Stink, Stink . . . Stink, Stink . . . Stink, Stink-a- ogie, Stink, Stink, Stink-a-ogie . . . Ahhhhh!!!! I feel incredible Awesome!

sVD Dew Singers: "When you say sVD Dew, just put your mind on hold.
Do what you're told, and open a cold,
refreshing sVD Dew. Just watch your life go by.
No need to try. When you've got sVD Dew." Ohhhhh sVD Dew!"

It all began in the usual way. It was a dark and clear sky night. It had been a long hard day's work. Now, it was a little past midnight. Strange glowing lights appeared in the sky falling in the distance. The weary eyes of David Architect burned with fatigue, stopping him in his daily quest home. As he regained his sight, the glow faded as he pledged to return in the morning.

It was not hot. It was not cold. It was not wet. It was not dry. It was nice. It was very nice. Looking out the window, the birds were playful. It was as if they were laughing, laughing as if there were overtones of something joyful. It was an oath of something so incredible; it was nested within something we all think about when we are in love. Love such as what is found within the heart of someone who was cleaning oneself into something new and happy and playful. Birds entreat each day to waiting ears: the truth. Such faithfulness is a sound of joy, and it signals growth in compassion beyond the meaning of what has been really done.

All new Mello Stink-a- ogie presents “I don’t Know” in all new wonderful rainbow colors, a WezyMu production!

Starring: The Incredible Snowflakes; The Marvelous Goatheads; The Awesome Holy Ones; Capt. Wagg and the other officials; And introducing David Architect, Palmolive, Stealthy Platarat, JJJ, She Imp, the Dame, the usual gang of extras, and our special guest stars the Unpredictable Pps..

Act 3, scene 9: Genus Musa sapientum

Doc: Retarded time is very useful in astronomy.
Merlin: Yes, the parallax error can give us information about a star or a planet when we measure details at different times.

TD: . . . that is good but what does that have to do with the special banana?
SM: . . . and what does it have to do with Griggogrok?

Doc: It is simple. Isaac Asimov (JCE, Feb 1955) calculated the radiation dose from endogenous sources K-40 (86%), C-14, and H-3.
Merlin: Yes, I remember too. He found the total emissions of cosmic rays was about equal to the emission of the isotopes calculated at sea level.

TD: Isaac Asimov is a science fiction writer.
SM: . . . but most SciFi writers use science facts . . . and DNA was just becoming popular at that time.

Doc: Yes, as you know radiation changes mutation rates in DNA.
Merlin: . . . and in the early days, there were many lower forms of plants and animals.

TD: I think I get what you are thinking.
SM: I think even a kid can figure this one out with all of these hints. However, you should remember too potassium is essential for nerve cell operation.

Doc: Are you talking about the sodium-potassium exchange pump?
Merlin: You know it is. It is needed for the active transport propagate of an electrical signals traveling along nerves.

TD: . . . and in present days, K-40 found in every in every cell of the body emits about 5000 beta decays/sec in the body.
SM: So during the time of Griggogrok, the amount of radiation emitted was higher causing a higher mutation rate.

Doc: . . . and by giving him, the banana, he will look for another one.
Merlin: . . . And he will find the only woman on earth who lives in the garden with banana trees?

TD: . . . but why a special banana?
SD: Hmm, it must be specially designed for a thinking mutation.

Doc: Yes, just enough for him to connect food with find.
Merlin: . . . and the Goatheads will be there to make sure the meeting takes place.

TD: Sound good too me.
SM: It’s going to be a long walk or trip back.

Hmmm, that is the greenish banana I have ever seen. Yeah, it is too hard.

YDNA:
R1b-L48-BY32442
MtDNA:
L1c1d(C8657T,16224C)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:36 pm
29solving.jpg
It is not just the problems we face day to day. It is how we solve them too.

Crew 1: Are we really ready?
Crew 2: What else do we need?
Crew 3: Have we dotted every “I” and marked every exclamation point?

Thunder Dude: Is that M-E-L-L-O . . . the soft and wiggly snack that is great to eat?

Stink-a-ogie Singers: Stink . . . Stink, Stink . . . Stink, Stink-a- ogie, Stink, Stink . . . Stink, Stink . . . Stink, Stink-a- ogie, Stink, Stink, Stink-a-ogie . . . Ahhhhh!!!! I feel incredible Awesome!

It all began in the usual way. It was a dark and clear sky night. It had been a long hard day's work. Now, it was a little past midnight. Strange glowing lights appeared in the sky falling in the distance. The weary eyes of David Architect burned with fatigue, stopping him in his daily quest home. As he regained his sight, the glow faded as he pledged to return in the morning.

It was not hot. It was not cold. It was not wet. It was not dry. It was nice. It was very nice. Looking out the window, the birds were playful. It was as if they were laughing, laughing as if there were overtones of something joyful. It was an oath of something so incredible; it was nested within something we all think about when we are in love. Love such as what is found within the heart of someone who was cleaning oneself into something new and happy and playful. Birds entreat each day to waiting ears: the truth. Such faithfulness is a sound of joy, and it signals growth in compassion beyond the meaning of what has been really done.

All new Mello Stink-a- ogie presents “I don’t Know” in all new wonderful rainbow colors, a WezyMu production!

Starring: The Incredible Snowflakes; The Marvelous Goatheads; The Awesome Holy Ones; Capt. Wagg and the other officials; And introducing David Architect, Palmolive, Stealthy Platarat, JJJ, She Imp, the Dame, the usual gang of extras, and our special guest stars the Unpredictable Pps..

Act 3, scene 10: All Clear

<Capt. Wagg walks in the door>

Capt Wagg: One more thing . . . Here is a note asking for details on how to read your chip.
Doc: Here is another note explaining why we can’t grant permission for you to do that, and explaining the importance of our mission.

Capt. Wagg: Here is an addendum explaining the importance of us checking this information as soon as possible.
Merlin: Here is a codicil detailing the importance of our mission and the technology involved.

Capt. Wagg: Well here is your chip. All it says is Picard Command Chip 9281987 please inform Doc and Merlin at text Doc and Merlin 543DM.
SM: I’ll insert the chip.
TD: I’ll help you with the other support chips.

Capt. Wagg: What is this mission about?
Doc: I can’t go into data, but it is about populations.

Capt. Wagg: What do you mean?
Merlin: There are four basic means.

Doc: Yes, Arithmetic mean: b for a & c if a - b = b – c (used for data lists), the Geometric mean: b for a & c if b/a = (c - b)/(b - a) (used for ratios, weighted or convoluted products ), the Harmonic mean: b for a & c if c/a = (c - b)/(b - a) (can be used to find the average rate), and the Subcontrary means: {c/a, b/a, c/b} = (b - a)/(c - b).
Capt. Wagg: I am not sure what that has to do with populations. And I think it is going to take me a week to understand what you just said. Just think about the chip business again. I have to see about another paper note first.

Doc: Well, I am looking into another paper note myself.
Merlin: That goes double for me.

Capt. Wagg: Later . . .
All: Bye.

The guy with the funny old hats Is back. Yeah, nothing new with him . . .

YDNA:
R1b-L48-BY32442
MtDNA:
L1c1d(C8657T,16224C)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:18 am
tree.jpg
Spring is the beginning of new things and a new year.

Crew 1: What are those drum beats?
Crew 2: Why is the complex going underground?
Crew 3: Anything can happen in the next minutes!

Act 4, scene 1: The Rose Bud

Goatheads: We’re ready.
Capt. Wagg: Hold on there. Let’s finish this hamburger BBQ.

Doc: Haven’t we waited long enough?
Capt. Wagg: There is still the question of the one glove man?

Merlin: The glove only fits one of the Goatheads, and you have spoken to him already.
Capt. Wagg: Yes I have, but what about this oxygenated vinegar?

SM: You already know I made that for taste.
Capt. Wagg: Yes, there is no harm in making oneself sure.

TD: . . . are you also sure you had enough hamburger BBQ? You’re on your third piece.
Capt. Wagg: Okay, here is a piece of paper asking for you all to explain it all again later to make sure it was all stated okay so we will have a record of your innocence.

Doc: Did not you forget something?
Capt. Wagg: Oh yes, here is your security clearance for your mission.

Merlin: . . . thank you, and I hope you enjoyed the BBQ.
Capt. Wagg: Yes, it was all very tasty.

SM & TD: Thanks . . .

The BBQ and salad was simply tender and tasty and scrumptious. Yep, all gone.

YDNA:
R1b-L48-BY32442
MtDNA:
L1c1d(C8657T,16224C)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:34 am
31theblastoff.jpg
It takes an enormous team to put the really big plans to work.

Crew 1: Did the market really demand to see superman fly?
Crew 2: How do you make super special effects?
Crew 3: How bright are the headlights?

Act 4, scene 2: Sooner or Later?

Lancelot: You know, cards are funny.
Selde: Yep.

Sweetie Pie: They all have a different social stratification.
Detective Swamp Wolf: Yep.

Foxy Marie: The lower class are the cards from 2 to 5 while 6 is a special middle class.
Not a King Gregor: Yep

Arthur:The uppper class are the cards Jack to Ace while 10 is a special middle class.
Guenevere: Yep

Jathan: And now AJ has found his ace.
Jennifer: Yep.

Rex: Are you talking about his new girlfriend?
LemonLime: Yep.

Einstein: Her name is Irene Norton
Lady Lynda: Yep. She is much prettier than that shield.

AJ: Ready?
IN: Elementary . . .

Einstein: Let’s hop in the Thunderbird and guzzle some VD Dew.
All: Alright!!!!!

Hurry hurry up your prancing feet . . . Zoom, didn’t think I could beat you, huh?

YDNA:
R1b-L48-BY32442
MtDNA:
L1c1d(C8657T,16224C)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:20 am
32 car.jpg
Why do so many people enjoy a joy ride in the olden golden days?

Crew 1: How many Keystone Kops were there?

Crew 2: Who were the Kop Sergeants, Kop Lieutenants and Kop Kaptains?

Crew 3: How many of them could fit into the car?

Act 4, scene 3: We've Only Just Begun

What is the perception of how life begins? Or even what is the beginning of life? There is always something before the beginning when it is the beginning of something like this or that. Even the hydrogen atom has a beginning when the electron and the proton get together. Its existence does not matter on what the electron did before it met the proton or what the proton did before it met the electron. Its beginning only matters when what happens when they are together. And so we now look at a new beginning of a new adventure. And yet, a hydrogen atom is a hydrogen atom. It acts like a hydrogen atoms and it does what all other hydrogen atoms do. Yet, each one goes through a different beginning. In plants during the light reaction, it leaves water to make oxygen and it loses its electron before joining up with the electron again in a more complex form before entering into the dark reaction. In DNA, it holds the double strands together so it can store years and years of organization. And in the sun, it provides the fuel to release heat and light and it helps to hold planets together. Each event unique, and each event has a beginning . . .

Einstein: Hold on, it’s Grandfather Hector.
Arthur: Grandfather Hector?

Einstein: Yeah, he is running towards us.
Arthur: Hold the countdown . . .

Hector: Thanks, I was at Fort H, and I had to get ready for the trip.
Sweetie Pie: Get ready . . . ?

Hector: . . . you know, I dd not really have to go, but I did so I would be ok during the trip.
Rex: Oh, I get it . . .

Xetcera: I want to go too.
DumDur: Me too.

EtaL: Me too.
DBBone: Do not forget me.

Crimson Lips: I’m here.
Sleazy: Me too.

P: Me too.

Hector: Can we go too?
Arthur: Hurry up. We got to begin.

How is it that we are all in this tiny weeny car, and they do not know we are here? Practice babe, practice . . .

YDNA:
R1b-L48-BY32442
MtDNA:
L1c1d(C8657T,16224C)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:47 pm
33getready.jpg
All sorts of things can happen in a year of a hunter-gather!

Crew 1: What did the director say?
Crew 2: What did the producer say?
Crew 3: When is the season over?

Act 4, scene 4: More Turns than Hoped?

Sweetie Pie: Have you ever turned your cell phone calculator to the side?
Selde: Yep.

Lancelot: When you do that with the calculator, you can see the scientific functions.
Detective Swamp Wolf: Yep.

Foxy Marie: There is a fun game you can play with those functions.
Not a King Gregor:Yep

Arthur: I know one. Try to find the answer to 2 cos 36.
Guenevere: That is easy to do.

Jathan: . . . and then you press 1/X.
Jennifer: You will get the same answer if you subtracted the number one.

Rex: You can also find the -2cos 108 to get the same answer.
LemonLime: Yep.

Lady Lynda: Sounds like a tenth of a circle to me.
Einstein: I think the philosopher Renee Descartes and the Mayan Americans wondered about the fact that 25,920 = 720 X 36 = 360 X 72 making one degree in the sky equivalent to 72 years. The exact number takes some time to measure.

AJ: I guess that is important when going back into time.
IN: Yep, it will be several Platonic years.

Einstein: Let’s hop in the Thunderbird and guzzle some VD Dew to think about it.

What is with all of these complex crazy details? Just Blah Blah to me???

YDNA:
R1b-L48-BY32442
MtDNA:
L1c1d(C8657T,16224C)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:30 am
34 really scary thing.jpg
Some times things are just not in your favor.

Crew 1: Why is the cast running away?
Crew 2: Hey how did they get on stage?
Crew 3: How are we going to handle technical difficulties!!!!

Cast: Ahhhh!!!!!

The show will go on after the resolution of technical difficulties!
<Test Screen Appears> Beep!!!!

That is so wonderfully cool. Haven't seen it in years.

YDNA:
R1b-L48-BY32442
MtDNA:
L1c1d(C8657T,16224C)
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 2:52 am
35Time to Go.jpg
Sometimes its just time to wonder why is it happening.

Crew 1: Another opening another show!
Crew 2: Is it finally time?
Crew 3: Is everything ready?

Act 4, scene 6: Time to Go

Arthur: Gamma factor to flux resistors.
Guenevere: okay . . .
[Stupid Mouse: Come on in Ben, the dirty rat & Lady Rat]

Einstein: Warp engine to shields
Lady Lynda: okay . . .
[Mysterious Mouse: Come on in Thunder Dude & Book]

Jathan: Vertical take off thrusters activated
Jennifer: okay . . .
[Stupid Mouse: Come on in iMiley & Phazer Mouse]

Lancelot: Controlled reaction rods in place
Selde: okay . . .
[Mysterious Mouse: Come on in Ratosaurus & Dinopuss]

Rex: Coriolis factor inputted
LemonLime: okay . . .
[Stupid Mouse: Come on in Panthera the Chicken & Linda]

Sweetie Pie: Return coordinates inputted
Detective Swamp Wolf: okay . . .
[Mysterious Mouse: Come on in Jake and Novel Babe]

Foxy Marie: Entropy achieved from energy transfer
Not a King Gregor: okay . . .
[Mysterious Mouse & Stupid Mouse: Everybody ready]

All: Prepare for countdown . . .

Hey it’s crowded here . . . anyone see you . . . naw . . .

YDNA:
R1b-L48-BY32442
MtDNA:
L1c1d(C8657T,16224C)
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 5:52 pm
36 Energy transfer.jpg
An amazing amount of things happen with energy transfer

Crew 1: Do we need some listener-listener interaction?

Crew 2: Do we need some action?

Crew 3: What do we need?

Act 4, scene 7: The Transformation Equation

Stupid Mouse: Hmm, “Potassium Banana, Handle with Care.”
Mysterious Mouse: I do not think you should touch that enormous and tempting box.

The Incredible Snowflakes: Noooo! Stay away from that . . .
Stupid Mouse: . . . but it smells soooo good.

Mysterious Mouse: You do not know what dangerously horrible thing harbors inside.
Stupid Mouse: All I have to do is open this lock, and look here, there is the smelly thing.

The Incredible Snowflakes: Noooo! Stay away from that . . .
Stupid Mouse: Squish, yum yum . . .

Mysterious Mouse: Look look look, an awesome metamorphous is taking place!
The Incredible Snowflakes: Noooo! Lock it up <click> . . . pull him away.

Mysterious Chorus Voice:: Stupid Mouse, Spy/Narrator, searching for a way to tap into the hidden strengths that all mice crave. Then an accidental overdose of potassium radiation interacts with his unique body chemistry. And now, when Stupid Mouse grows hungry or thirsty, a startling metamorphosis occurs.

[while trying to eat a banana during a thunderbird transformation, Stupid Mouse changes into the Magnificent Mouse]

Mysterious Chorus Voice: The creature is driven by hunger, and is accompanied along his way with a thirsty investigative wife.

Stupid Mouse: Mysterious Mouse, don't make me hungry. You wouldn't sleep with me when I'm hungry.
[Mysterious Mouse witnesses a light flash from the Thunderbird]

Mysterious Chorus Voice: An accidental munch could have took the life of her fellow mouse and husband and supposedly the really nice Stupid Mouse as well. The wife thinks this creature mouse is responsible for her thirst.
Mysterious Mouse: [voice-over] I gave a description to all the Incredible Snowflakes. They got some fabulous Smoke a Zen for my hair & Smoke-a-Cola for my thirst.

Mysterious Chorus Voice: A thirst which Stupid Mouse can never prove he or the creature didn't quench. So he must let the world go on thinking that he too is thirsty, until he can find a way to control the hungry spirit that dwells within him.

Magnificent Mouse: Yum, that was so good, but I’m thirsty.

Meanwhile . . . .

Arthur: Exact weight calculation and energy transfer.
Einstein: Energy transfer build up <increasing noise>, density decrease . . . !
The Marvelous Goatheads; Countdown: 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5 . . . . <an amazing glow builds up>

Eeka !!!!!!!!!!

YDNA:
R1b-L48-BY32442
MtDNA:
L1c1d(C8657T,16224C)
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 1:38 am
37The amazing jump.jpg
Sometimes you just gotta jump! And that is that . . .

Crew 1: Where is our budget?
Crew 2: When is the season over?
Crew 3: Is time running out!

Epilogue, scene 1: The Transformation

Mysterious Chorus Voice: The exothermic heat transfer altered the internal energy of stupid mouse. Under normothermic conditions, body temperatures of house mice range from 34 to 39 degrees Celsius as reported in 1993 by a famous doctor whose name is the same as a gin. After that, a lot of people reported obvious things about body temperature following a circadian rhythm, locomotor activity, and body temperature. Earlier in 1978, significant correlated effects in body temperature were found as a response to a selection for nest-building behavior. Mice who could run and jump seemed to be very special in studies. During the day time, they seemed to be like every day house mice in relationship to their body temperature. At night though, their body temperature were significantly higher until they ran and ran and ran. Higher temperatures were associated with increase metabolic rate and food requirements thus affecting sleep patterns and altering the expression of heat-shock proteins in a really important mouse study. The temperature range for humans is narrower with a minimum of 97.7° Fahrenheit (36.5° Celsius) to a maximum of almost 99.5° Fahrenheit (37.5° Celsius). Every reaction in stupid mouse's body occurs at certain energy and temperature levels influencing membrane cell voltage and physiological pH. Metabolic hyperthermia is known to increase metabolic rate which is known to increase the generation of reactive oxygen species. Obviously, the proper intake of food is required to control protein and fat metabolism. Improper dieting during activity could cause protein damage by oxidation, aggregation, and denaturation. The same seen with fever inducing infections. Metabolic hyperthermia, therefore influences membranes, cell proliferation, and nuclear protein alterations which could lead to genetic mutations from generation to generation. Running to the Thunderbird and eating the special banana along with the energy transfer of the Thunderbird caused the fantastic transformation of stupid mouse into Magnificent Mouse!

Doc: DL1 lift off.
Merlin: We will follow her as long as we are able.

Doc: Auntie, ready?
Auntie: Ready.

Doc: Go ahead and jump! We are at 12,500 feet.
Auntie: Napoleon. . . .

Merlin: Why does she say Napoleon instead of Geronimo?
TD: No one knows for sure. But I think she was riding a horse listening to a new song on the radio which leaped across a cliff on the way to see a movie about Waterloo before she decided to make the leap.

SM: Sounds good to me.
Doc: She has landed in the safe zone.

Merlin: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 . . . . Thunderbird go!!!!!!
TD: 1000, 5000, 10000 feet.

SM: Time circuits activated.
Arthur: Time circuits go.

Einstein: Transtemporal circuits charging . . . 100, 200, 2000 years . . .

Eeka !!!!!!!!!!
PreviousNext

Return to The Corner Pub