Humor, A Chuckle, Giggle, or Something Funny?

You can discuss some non-genetic or non-genealogical things here. Pull up a chair and have a beer! But if you bring up politics or religion, the barman will cut you off. The forum rules do apply here especially regarding civility.

YDNA:
R1b-L48-Z2
MtDNA:
L1c1d(C8657T,16224C)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:25 am
18awriter.jpg
Who puts it all together as a pathway for people to follow?

Crew 1: How does the whole thing get put together?
Crewlady: I don’t know!
Crew 2: Did not we do this before?
Crew 3: Is this what we all want to do?
Crew 4: Let’s do something!.
Whole Crew: Okay!

Book: Mello-everybody . . .
Thunder Dude: Is that M-E-L-L-O . . . the soft and wiggly snack that is great to eat?
Book: You bet . . . and you should try it with fruit cocktail!

Stink-a-ogie Singers: Stink . . . Stink, Stink . . . Stink, Stink-a- ogie, Stink, Stink . . . Stink, Stink . . . Stink, Stink-a- ogie, Stink, Stink, Stink-a-ogie . . . Ahhhhh!!!!

sVD Dew Singers: "When you say sVD Dew, just put your mind on hold.
Do what you're told, and open a cold,
refreshing sVD Dew. Just watch your life go by.
No need to try. When you've got sVD Dew." Ohhhhh sVD Dew!"

It all began in the usual way. It was a dark and clear sky night. It had been a long hard day's work. Now, it was a little past midnight. Strange glowing lights appeared in the sky falling in the distance. The weary eyes of David Architect burned with fatigue, stopping him in his daily quest home. As he regained his sight, the glow faded as he pledged to return in the morning.

It was not hot. It was not cold. It was not wet. It was not dry. It was nice. It was very nice. Looking out the window, the birds were playful. It was as if they were laughing, laughing as if there were overtones of something joyful. It was an oath of something so incredible; it was nested within something we all think about when we are in love. Love such as what is found within the heart of someone who was cleaning oneself into something new and happy and playful. Birds entreat each day to waiting ears: the truth. Such faithfulness is a sound of joy, and it signals growth in compassion beyond the meaning of what has been really done.

All new Mello Stink-a- ogie presents “I don’t Know” in all new wonderful rainbow colors, a WezyMu production!

Starring: The Incredible Snowflakes; The Marvelous Goatheads; The Awesome Holy Ones; Capt. Wagg and the other officials; And introducing David Architect, Palmolive, Stealthy Platarat, JJJ, She Imp, the Dame, the usual gang of extras, and our special guest stars the Unpredictable Pps..

Act 2, scene 7: Procrastination . . . End of Act 2

Merlin: What do you want to do now?
Doc: I’m out of energy. Let’s listen to some music,

Merlin: Okay, you like “Love Story.”
Doc: Yeah, brings back memories.

"(Where Do I Begin) Love Story"
(from the movie "Love Story" starring Ryan O'Neal and Ali McGraw)

Where do I begin
To tell the story of how great a love can be
The sweet love story that is older than the sea
The simple truth about the love she brings to me
Where do I start

With her first hello
She gave new meaning to this empty world of mine
There'd never be another love, another time
She came into my life and made the living fine
She fills my heart

She fills my heart with very special things
With angels' songs , with wild imaginings
She fills my soul with so much love
That anywhere I go I'm never lonely
With her around, who could be lonely
I reach for her hand-it's always there

How long does it last
Can love be measured by the hours in a day
I have no answers now but this much I can say
I know I'll need her till the stars all burn away
And she'll be there

How long does it last
Can love be measured by the hours in a day
I have no answers now but this much I can say
I know I'll need her till the stars all burn away
And she'll be there

Merlin: We’ll tell them tomorrow, ZZZZ.
Doc: Yeah, ZZZZ

ZZZZZZZZ

The car . . . is the Thunderbird with the sweetest sounding engine around. Hum hum hum hum the strange harmonic sound of precision. . . Yes, it is a Bozonscar made especially for Doc and often used by Einstein the Dog and designed by ME Polygon Enterprises, a Merlin and Doc company. With gorgeousness and elegance, as instantaneous as can be, a Bozonscar amazes all soaring through the air as it journeys in endless space, or beneath the deep blue sea, and it can voyage anywhere. It’s secret is atomic power, you know. The proton is made up of two up quarks and one down quark, yet Bozonscar journeys on land in our macro-world, or roams the skies with the eagles, and even through a firmaments mighty squally rage. Yes, you too can be driving a Bozonscar, and everyone will be crying, "It’s the phenomenon of the age!"And what is the great mystery? It is all about those atomic particles, the positron and the electron revealing the horrors of life without VD Dew. Something no one should every be allowed to experience.

And don’t forget, Come Clean Soap! Yes, it is Come Clean Soap, used by those who love to be clean. Who loves to stay clean, and look fresh for that special someone? We all love it! So, after the show, rush, and use some Come Clean; the soap of really nice individuals.

And while you are at it, let’s drink as the Smoke-a-Cola singers explains: Smoke-a-Cola, -a-cola, Smoke-a-Cola, -a-cola, fresh and tasty family drink . . . will not get flushed down the sink . . . Smoke-a-Cola, -a-cola, Smoke-a-Cola, -a-cola, never overly sweety sweet, makes your stomach always feeling neat, Smoke-a-Cola. And now Voka Cola . . .

YDNA:
R1b-L48-Z2
MtDNA:
L1c1d(C8657T,16224C)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:34 pm
19letshavefun.jpg
This set needs some fun . . . everyone is getting uptight from work!

Crew 1: When do we get a vacation or at least a break?
Crew 2: What do you think of that?
Crew 3: Are we ready to begin to tell the story of how whatever this is about?

Thunder Dude: Is that M-E-L-L-O . . . the soft and wiggly snack that is great to eat?

Stink-a-ogie Singers: Stink . . . Stink, Stink . . . Stink, Stink-a- ogie, Stink, Stink . . . Stink, Stink . . . Stink, Stink-a- ogie, Stink, Stink, Stink-a-ogie . . . Ahhhhh!!!!

It all began in the usual way. It was a dark and clear sky night. It had been a long hard day's work. Now, it was a little past midnight. Strange glowing lights appeared in the sky falling in the distance. The weary eyes of David Architect burned with fatigue, stopping him in his daily quest home. As he regained his sight, the glow faded as he pledged to return in the morning.

It was not hot. It was not cold. It was not wet. It was not dry. It was nice. It was very nice. Looking out the window, the birds were playful. It was as if they were laughing, laughing as if there were overtones of something joyful. It was an oath of something so incredible; it was nested within something we all think about when we are in love. Love such as what is found within the heart of someone who was cleaning oneself into something new and happy and playful. Birds entreat each day to waiting ears: the truth. Such faithfulness is a sound of joy, and it signals growth in compassion beyond the meaning of what has been really done.

All new Mello Stink-a- ogie presents “I don’t Know” in all new wonderful rainbow colors, a WezyMu production!

Starring: The Incredible Snowflakes; The Marvelous Goatheads; The Awesome Holy Ones; Capt. Wagg and the other officials; And introducing David Architect, Palmolive, Stealthy Platarat, JJJ, She Imp, the Dame, the usual gang of extras, and our special guest stars the Unpredictable Pps..

Entr'acte: The Beginning

Thunderbird: <Zoom>

The robot returns from a secret mission. But all seem to be at rest. Following programming, the robot goes into off mode, and the Thunderbird parks. A strange thing happens . . . both Merlin and Doc have the same dream of what they have been planing. Yet, how will they utilize what is so engraved into their thoughts. What is it that is behind their dream . . .

Merlin: ZZZZ [dream]
Doc: ZZZZ [dream]

Once upon a time, there was a caveman named Griggogrok. He was looking for a cavewoman, but he did not know who he was looking for since all of the women were gone. As a matter of fact, there were no other cavemen. As far as he could remember, there were no cavepeople just plants and animals and rocks and things. He already knew that all rocks and minerals and things had physical properties.

Physical properties are based upon observations of a body at a distance with shape and size and color that has the ability to move and rest. It has being since it has volume and mass with certain qualities described by particular quantities in relation with other things at some place and time during some sort of situation and having something special while it is doing something and while something is done to it.

All matter had physical properties while plants also had biological properties. Plants were made up of minerals which utilized movement and rest.

Yet, there was carbon which was unlikely to be ionized for a long time for there was alway a duality. The magic fields flowed from the positive to the negative. However, when an even number particle count creates an energy orbital degeneracy, the spin-spin coupling between two positive and negative complexes stabilized by being cooperative with each other rather than by transfer stability; a sort of spin-orbital coupling, one could say, using cooperative and transferable magic created by biological and physical properties rather than the ionization magic of minerals.

Obviously, the minerals had cooperated with the heat to make light to transfer the energy to the plants over long distances. The light made oxygen from the most reduced form of oxygen and stored energy to make carbohydrates from the most oxidized form of carbon. Animals utilized the oxygen to oxidized the carbon while being reduced itself. The animals had physical and biological properties. However, they had instincts, and they moved with greater freedoms.

Yet, cavemen were different from the other animals. They used fire to make their food, and they ate other animals and plants and minerals. They developed hands and feet and senses.

The minerals organized to hold electromagnetic fields and memories by using light magic in the eye, sound magic in the ear, gas magic in the nose, liquid and solid magic on the tongue, and pressure magic on the skin. The chemical and physical magic combined with powerful magic to complete the caveman once upon a time.

And Griggogrok was the only caveman once upon a time.

Merlin: ZZZZ, Delta(Esys) = ΣT
Doc: ZZZZ, Delta(Esys) = ΣT

ZZZZZZZZ, Delta(Esys) = ΣT

The car . . . is the Thunderbird with the sweetest sounding engine around. Hum hum hum hum the strange harmonic sound of precision. . . Yes, it is a Bozonscar made especially for Doc and often used by Einstein the Dog and designed by ME Polygon Enterprises, a Merlin and Doc company. With gorgeousness and elegance, as instantaneous as can be, a Bozonscar amazes all soaring through the air as it journeys in endless space, or beneath the deep blue sea, and it can voyage anywhere. It’s secret is atomic power, you know. The proton is made up of two up quarks and one down quark, yet Bozonscar journeys on land in our macro-world, or roams the skies with the eagles, and even through a firmaments mighty squally rage. Yes, you too can be driving a Bozonscar, and everyone will be crying, "It’s the phenomenon of the age!"And what is the great mystery? It is all about those atomic particles, the positron and the electron revealing the horrors of life without VD Dew. Something no one should every be allowed to experience.

And don’t forget, Come Clean Soap! Yes, it is Come Clean Soap, used by those who love to be clean. Who loves to stay clean, and look fresh for that special someone? We all love it! So, after the show, rush, and use some Come Clean; the soap of really nice individuals.

And while you are at it, let’s drink as the Smoke-a-Cola singers explains: Smoke-a-Cola, -a-cola, Smoke-a-Cola, -a-cola, fresh and tasty family drink . . . will not get flushed down the sink . . . Smoke-a-Cola, -a-cola, Smoke-a-Cola, -a-cola, never overly sweety sweet, makes your stomach always feeling neat, Smoke-a-Cola. And now Voka Cola . . .

YDNA:
R1b-L48-Z2
MtDNA:
L1c1d(C8657T,16224C)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:11 am
20talking cloud.JPG
Do you really dream about clouds talking?

Crew 1:Do we really have to wake up?
Crew 2: Do we have to go back to work?
Crew 3: What are we going to do?

Act 3, scene 1: The Potential of Getting Together

Merlin: Are you up?
Doc: Yep.

Merlin: Have you every wondered about potential.
Doc: Yep, attractive potential.

Merlin: Attractive potential.
Doc: Yep, like gravity.

Merlin: Well, what about repulsive potential?
Doc: Yep, like bouncing.

Merlin: Bouncing, like natural motion versus forces motion.
Doc: Yep . . . Potential energy is fundamentally thought of as energy as a function of distance, E(x).

Merlin: Do you mean this means there has to be another object involved since the distance actually involves a change in position.
Doc: Yep . . . Position is where the object is at a particular point in time. The potential energy is a measurement of the energy it would take for the two objects to be closer or further apart.

Merlin: Hmm . . . This point of view of energy arose because of our need to explain gravity. When the two objects are together, there is no work done to pull them apart.
Doc: Yep . . . Since we are concern with natural motion, we first consider the energy it takes for the two particles to naturally come together, and then how much work would it take to return the particles to their original position.

Merlin: Hmmm . . . This restoration work is referred to as the potential energy. This is of course harmonic motion. The work is only examined at each position of rest from this point of view, and it does not involve time or better a change in time since the initial and final times are boundary constraints. So what is happening when the particle is in motion?
Doc: You know . . . We refer to that as kinetic energy.

Merlin: Yep . . . Work must also be involved with this type of energy too. So in this situation, we think of the distance as a time dependent displacement instead of a superposition multiple by the same concept of force as we did with potential energy.
Doc: Hmmm . . . The problem is how do we think of distance as it changes with time. The easiest way to examine this is when the rest velocity is zero, and the terminal velocity from the natural motion is such that its square is equal to twice the acceleration times the distance.

Merlin: This is a simple equation of accelerated motion based upon velocity being equal to the initial velocity added to the velocity due to acceleration over a duration of time, at, where velocity is the distance divided by the time traveled. The concept of squared velocity comes from the relationship between the distance and acceleration where distance is the velocity times the time traveled, and so the average velocity would be one half the sum of the terminal and initial velocities. With a little bit of algebraic substitution, we added up the distances from time travel involved with the displacement, as distance being equal to the initial velocity times time traveled plus one half the acceleration times the time traveled squared.
Doc: So, squaring the velocity gets rid of the time traveled squared term with a little algebraic substitution, and since the rest velocity is zero, the acceleration in the work equation can be replaced with a velocity equation that gets rid of the displacement term so the kinetic energy is E(v) = mv^2/2. Combining potential and kinetic energies, we get the work to pull apart the particles away from each other is equal to mv^2/2 + mgh.

Merlin: So, the time travel has to be natural.
Doc: Yes, the force makes it natural.

Equations for attractive and repulsive potentials for forced and natural motion involving distance and time . . . .this is something . . . .

YDNA:
R1b-L48-Z2
MtDNA:
L1c1d(C8657T,16224C)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:03 am
21TheNew Gen2.jpg
All about the New Generation taking over everything

Crew 1:What is not considered plagiarism?
Crew 2: Is plagiarizing not professional?
Crew 3: How does Mickey feel about copy cats?

Act 3, scene 2: Let’s Get Going . . .

Sweet Malefic Witch: Your equations are one dimensional.
Merlin: Where have you been?

SM Witch: Brewing and drawing and spelling.
Merlin: I know you think my equations are not multidimensional, but they are.

SM Witch: Well, look at your equations.
Merlin: . . . and I see my equations in multi-dimensions.

SM Witch: So, you are saying all I do is copy from you.
Merlin: Well, look . . . it looks more like us to me.

Doc: Don’t be so hard on her. We all know what we see.
Teacher Dame: I helped.

Doc: Where have you been?
TD: Brewing and drawing and ‘rithmaticing.

Doc: I guess you think this is more interesting?
TD: Yeah, it is more real.

Doc: It might be more real, but we were doing something.
TD: So, you think it is overkill?

Merlin: Not, really . . .
Doc: Ok, you can help too.

Guess, what I secretly and quietly found out . . . No, you guess what I found out . . . My news is glorious and magnificent . . . .Mine is nice too . . . .

YDNA:
R1b-L48-Z2
MtDNA:
L1c1d(C8657T,16224C)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:52 am
22joker.jpg
Wow, special effects really can make a fantasy day

Crew 1: How does a villain become established?
Crew 2: Why do we need a villain?
Crew 3: What does a villain do?

Act 3, scene 3: History Cannot Be Changed

Capt. Wagg: Oh hello, the door was open and I just came in.

Merlin: Hello, captain.
Capt. Wagg: Something funny is going on here?

Doc: What are you talking about?
Capt: Wagg: . . . that car of yours was making a lot of noise, and it woke up Dave Architect again.

Merlin: Oh, that was nothing.
Capt. Wagg: You say nothing, huh?

Doc: Yes nothing important, just one of our latest experiments.
Capt. Wagg: Well, your experiments are giving people the jitters!

TD: Hi, captain . . .
Capt. Wagg: Oh hi, where is the other lady?

SM Witch: Hi captain . . . would you like some of our freshly made brew.
Capt. Wagg: No thank you, I am on the job.

Doc: Is that all captain . . . ?
Capt. Wagg: I see . . . well, can I take this Picard chip down to the lab for some . . . inspection?

Merlin: I do not see why not . . . you are already playing with it.
Capt. Wagg: I will have it back to you by next week . . . If . . .

Doc: We understand . . . it is all routine.
Capt. Wagg: Yeah, just a follow up to everything on this paper.

Merlin: We are happy to cooperate with the state.

Capt. Wagg: Bye.
All: Bye . . . .

That guy with the old hat needs a new tie . . . don’t worry about him. We just need to add the sparkling equation to the mechanical one . . .

YDNA:
R1b-L48-Z2
MtDNA:
L1c1d(C8657T,16224C)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:25 pm
23beingwatched.jpg
Society is made up of people of different backgrounds and histories.

Crew 1: Is someone looking at us?
Crew 2: Who else is here?
Crew 3: Do glasses look good on film?

Act 3, scene 4: Working with Jurisdiction

Capt. Wagg: One more thing . . .
All: Yes:

Capt. Wagg: Jurisdiction is the key word with keeping the peace. Any Peace officer appointed by the Federal Government or Judicial System has the most sweeping powers. A U.S. Marshal can go anywhere and do virtually anything in his pursuit of a felon. A sheriff is most likely local. In England around the tenth century, rulers attempted to improve the peace. Society developed a system of social stratification bases upon rank which differed from the non-hereditable guild system. The royal family, nobility, aristocracy, gentry, skilled laborers, unskilled laborers, servants, and the poor made up what we now call peer groups. These groups had rules and etiquettes to follow. In addition, people were accountable for the actions of other people in their group. If one person broke the peace, then they all had to go to court. Each man would be judge by his peers or he would become an outlaw, one who was outside of the law. The first of these peer groups was the family. These families would then be clustered into ten families called tithings. The ten responsible people were all males, and they were all at or over the age of twelve. A constable would supervise groups of 100 families called the hundred. This usually made up a community of people under a lordship. This became somewhat complex for the average person. However, towns were also organized into groups of hundreds to form counties called shires, and they were given names like Bedfordshire. The shire-reeve would supervise these territories. The word shire-reeve eventually became the sheriff. The duties of the position of the sheriff were older than the name itself, a scirgerefa. He was a local leader worth around 1/2 or less wergild of an ealdorman. While the Ealdorman became an earl, a part of nobility, the sheriff became more of a manager or overseer of the peasants. He had to communicate with the ruling classes as well as the peasants in his duties with keeping the peace. This led to the important distinction between the military and law enforcement we have today, and its stresses the importance of Jurisdiction. The peace officer has a long history in serving the people as well as the lord. His appointment usually began on Michaelmas, the feast of Saint Michael, a protector, the Archangel. This day is near the autumn equinox, the 29 of September, a time when war traditionally ended for winter, and peace would rule the world.
Doc: Was all of that necessary?

Capt Wagg: Nope, but it was interesting.
Merlin: Cannot argue with that, but it was a little SOS.

Capt. Wagg: What do you mean same old substance? I thought it was original.
Doc: Original would be something like this story:

"Ruler: Be more like me to solve your problems;
Leader: Organize people to be like minded;

Group: We all must have the same looks, believes, and behavior;
Wages: More for me, less for you;

Government: Give me your taxes, your labor, your time;
Rebel: I want my way and my things;

Enemy: People of different looks, believes, behavior are to be demonized;
War: Give me your land, your riches, your servitude;

Battle: Hurting other people;
Education: Getting information and correcting and making well the group;

Peace: I get my way and you serve me;
Youth: reward and punishment;

Teenage: The group is in command;
Adults: Might try to find an absolute truth, but the group tends to want to follow the group which has leaders and a ruler."

Capt. Wagg: It is okay, but it lacks reference and facts.
Merlin: Oh, you mean to try to add some names like this: Numbers and names go back into history. The perimeter of Sargon's palace at Khorsabad was16283 cubits, he (d.705 BCE) states this number was equal to his name. Also, Zeus (612) is the geometric mean of Hermes (353) and Apollo (1061) or 612/353 = 1.73 = (1061 - 612)/(612 -353) = 449/259. Elements also developed numerical nicknames. The Element Numbers are given by Theodorus of Asine (~300 CE), a disciple of Porphyry of Tyre who edited and published his teacher Plotinus notes called The Six Enneads. Plotinus (the three principles: the One, the Intellect, and the Soul) was a student of Ammonius Saccas ("Sack-bearer") for eleven years. His metaphysical writings have inspired centuries of Pagan, Christian, Jewish, Islamic and Gnostic metaphysicians, mystics, and so on. Theodorus of Asine used the magic square for ten.

SM Witch: You boys can be fussing all day, but our food is getting cold, and I am sure the Captain has work to do.
TD: . . . and we have something to do too. I’m starving.

Capt. Wagg: Hmmm, what smells in here? Bye.
All: ????? Bye . . . .

That guy with the old hat still needs a new tie . . . don’t worry about him, he just has a lot of air. We just need to add the sparkling equation to the mechanical one . . .

YDNA:
R1b-L48-Z2
MtDNA:
L1c1d(C8657T,16224C)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:40 am
24spence.jpg
Sometimes it is good to take it easy because it will happen some day

Crew 1: What is going to happen next?
Crew 2: Did the show start yet?
Crew 3: Is the script filled with anticipation or vacillation?

Act 3, scene 5: The Big Surprise

SM Witch: You know, I have been thinking, and I have a wonderful idea.
TD: Not again SM . . . you know what happened last time.

Merlin: Now SM . . . I must agree. Your schemes always have a way of backfiring.
Doc: . . . and how much is this going to cost me this time?

SM Witch: Like I was saying . . I was thinking about that formula, 2n^2.
TD: Not too much to say about that, it is pretty straight forward.

Merlin: I hope this is the truth.
Doc: Yeah, I rather not fix this one up like what we had to do when you helped us paint our room.

SM Witch: This is the truth, and I am sure it will help us with the problem. The first period has two elements. The second period has eight elements, and the third energy level has eighteen elements.
TD: Um . . . SM, the third period has eight elements while the fourth period has eighteen elements.

Merlin: Those electrons just do not add up like those protons, SM.
Doc: Wait, wait . . . maybe SM has something here. After all, we must prepare the potassium-40 for the trip.

SM Witch: Thanks Doc . . . that is exactly what I am talking about. The stability of potassium and calcium and argon is due to the stability of the closed block configuration and the mechanical stability of the spherical geometry of the sharp block orbitals along with the high energy demands of the complex diffused block orbitals.
TD: You know SM that was pretty good.

Merlin: Yes, I think you have something there.
Doc: , , , and it means that we must make the potassium-40 for Griggogrok

SM Witch: Just as I thought . . .
TD: . . . and a good scheme, I must say.

Merlin: Sort of a transition from metals to non-metals.
Doc: The active ionic metal potassium is so important for cell functionality, and bones and the heart really needs calcium functioning completely different from the magnetically metallic iron and sodium and magnesium which have extremely specific functions too.

Robot: Pardon me . . . you all silliest masters . . . but The Marvelous Goatheads are drinking VD Dew with The Awesome Holy Ones.

Doc: . . . thank you Robot. By the way, do you have a name?

Robot: . . . It’s about time you asked me . . .I’ve shined up my armor, and self programmed my circuits . . . and you have never asked me my name . . . I felt so bad you have not called me Turning . . . and you gave me my first sub-routines.

Merlin: We are sorry Turning. You are our first self thinking android we have made.

Turning . . . Oh you’re my dad too . . . I’m so honored.

SM: Cheer-up Turning . . . this is a special moment.
Turning: Yes, yes . . . I’ll be strong.

TD: Here, have some oil.
Turning: . . . thanks moms?

Hmm, the shiny happy robot is really an intelligent android. And those Goatheads are going to do something . . .

YDNA:
R1b-L48-Z2
MtDNA:
L1c1d(C8657T,16224C)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:04 am
25majic number.jpg
When pairs form, their magic is from their attraction and repulsive interactions.

Crew 1: What is a magic number?
Crew 2: Do we need the magic number?
Crew 3: Can the show go on without the magic number?

Stink-a-ogie Singers: Stink . . . Stink, Stink . . . Stink, Stink-a- ogie, Stink, Stink . . . Stink, Stink . . . Stink, Stink-a- ogie, Stink, Stink, Stink-a-ogie . . . Ahhhhh!!!! I feel incredible Awesome!

Act 3, scene 6: The Magic Number

TD: I was wondering. Will the new design make sparks like the old one?
Merlin: Yes, it will.

SM: What is the basic principle behind it?
Doc: It is simple nuclear chemistry.

TD: Oh?
Merlin: Yes, the type that makes light.

SM: You don’t say.
Doc: You have heard of proton-proton interactions?

SM: Of course I have.
Merlin: Well, the Hans Bethe’s proton-proton equation requires about 0.7% mass loss or 26.73 MeV of energy to work.

TD: I remember . . . Arthur Stanley Eddington stated that speeds high enough to overcome the proton-proton repulsion had to occur.
Doc: This means we have solar neutrinos not Cowan–Reines neutrinos

TD: I understand, the energy requirements don’t make sense without atomic interactions.
Merlin: This led up to the discussions about the stabilities of helium-4, nitrogen-14, oxygen-16, and lead-208 which are stable and phosphorus-30, tin-100 and tin-132 which are unstable.

SM: What’s the history again? I am little fuzzy on the details.
Doc: Um, let me get my old notes.

SM: It’s over here . . .
Doc: Thanks . . . I’ll just read . . . Rutherford was the first to observe transmutation of the elements through radioactive decay, and also the first to perform transmutation of the elements through "nucleosynthesis." Nucleosynthesis is an intriguing notion in itself as the Latvian-American chemist Aristid V. Grosse suggested in 1932. It also presented the possibility of creating isotopes that weren't actually found in nature. In 1934, the Joliot-Curies were following up the experiments that had led to the discovery of the neutron, bombarding an aluminum foil target with alpha particles generated from a radioactive source, and pulling the source back from the target to investigate the effect of lowering the energy of the particles on neutron emission from the target. The experiment was fairly cut-and-dried, but it yielded a surprise: if the alpha particle source was removed, the target kept on emitting radiation, with the level falling off over a few minutes, as if some short-lived radioactive isotope had been produced by the bombardment. After double-checking their work, the Joliot-Curies found out that there was indeed a radioactive material in the aluminum foil, with a half-life of 2.6 minutes. Their analysis suggested that the alpha particles had converted aluminum-27 (atomic number 13) into phosphorus-30 (atomic number 15), ejecting a neutron in the process. In search of proof of this notion, a helpful chemist showed them how to dissolve the irradiated aluminum in acid, with the phosphorus combining with hydrogen and then drawn off as a gas. The gas was radioactive while the aluminum in acid was not, and the gas turned out to contain phosphorus-30. Phosphorus-30 was unstable, decaying with the half-life of 2.6 minutes as observed by the Joliot-Curies. Due to its short half-life, and also due to the fact that phosphorus-30 was not a link in any known radioactive decay chain, phosphorus-30 was not found in nature since any that was created promptly disappeared. Of the 255 known stable nuclides, only four have both an odd number of protons and odd number of neutrons: hydrogen-2 (deuterium), lithium-6, boron-10 and nitrogen-14. Stability of isotopes is affected by the ratio of protons to neutrons, and also by presence of certain "magic numbers" of neutrons or protons which represent closed and filled quantum shells. These quantum shells correspond to a set of energy levels within the shell model of the nucleus. Just as in the case of electrons, which have the lowest energy state when they occur in pairs in a given orbital, nucleons (both protons and neutrons) exhibit a lower energy state when their number is even, rather than odd. The decay products are even-even, and are therefore more strongly bound, due to nuclear pairing effects. Of the 26 monoisotopic elements that have only a single stable isotope, all but one have an odd atomic number, the single exception to both rules being beryllium. All of these elements also have an even number of neutrons, with the single exception again being beryllium.

In 1932, Dmitry Ivanenko proposed the proton-neutron model of the atomic nucleus. Later in 1932, D. Ivanenko and E. Gapon proposed the idea of the first shell model or shell distribution of protons and neutrons in the nucleus. It is now called the nuclear shell model used to get the magic number. Magic numbers are like the atomic numbers for the noble gases with independent shells for protons and for neutrons.

For nuclei particle counts far from the magic numbers, one must add the assumption that due to the relation between the strong nuclear force and angular momentum, protons or neutrons with the same n tend to form pairs of opposite angular momenta. Therefore a nucleus with an even number of protons and an even number of neutrons has 0 spin and positive parity. A nucleus with an even number of protons and an odd number of neutrons (or vice versa) has the parity of the last neutron (or proton), and the spin equal to the total angular momentum of this neutron (or proton). By "last" we mean the properties coming from the highest energy level.

In the case of a nucleus with an odd number of protons and an odd number of neutrons, one must consider the total angular momentum and parity of both the last neutron and the last proton. The nucleus parity will be a product of theirs, while the nucleus spin will be one of the possible results of the sum of their angular momenta (with other possible results being excited states of the nucleus).

The ordering of angular momentum levels within each shell is according to the principles described above - due to spin-orbit interaction, with high angular momentum states having their energies shifted downwards due to the deformation of the potential (i.e. moving form a harmonic oscillator potential to a more realistic one). For nucleon pairs, however, it is often energetically favorable to be at high angular momentum, even if its energy level for a single nucleon would be higher. This is due to the relation between angular momentum and the strong nuclear force.

TD: I don’t get the connection.
Doc: The rest is easy.

Merlin: Well, we know now about electron-electron spin-spin coupling and proton-proton coupling interaction. So, what about neutron-neutron interaction, d4u2?
SM: I get it. The light is from the change from electron degeneracy to neutron degeneracy.

Doc: I think she’s got it.
Merlin: Yes, she’s got it.

SM: Yeah, I got it.
TD: . . . Me too, even to d8u4

The light is from the awesome transitions in nuclear power. Yes, it's simple now.

YDNA:
R1b-L48-Z2
MtDNA:
L1c1d(C8657T,16224C)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:17 am
26GoldenR.jpg
Do unto others as you would have done unto you . . .

Crew 1: What is the Golden Rule?
Crew 2: Do we need the Golden Rule?
Crew 3: Should we practice the Golden rule?

Stink-a-ogie Singers: Stink . . . Stink, Stink . . . Stink, Stink-a- ogie, Stink, Stink . . . Stink, Stink . . . Stink, Stink-a- ogie, Stink, Stink, Stink-a-ogie . . . Ahhhhh!!!! I feel incredible Awesome!

Act 3, scene 7: A Little Political Science

Doc: I once was an engineer when I started to study the technical manuals.
Merlin: Yes, I remember.

TD: I remember too. It was long ago. Confirmation about espionage work came from the VENONA project (at least 13 codewords for the project were used before), which intercepted and decrypted Soviet intelligence reports sent during and after World War II. Most decipherable messages were transmitted and intercepted between 1942 and 1945. The Venona Project was initiated in 1943, under orders from the deputy Chief of Military Intelligence (G-2), Carter W. Clarke. Sometime in 1945, the existence of the Venona program was revealed to the Soviet Union by the NKVD agent and United States Army SIGINT analyst and cryptologist Bill Weisband. On 20 December 1946, Gardner made the first break into the code, revealing the existence of Soviet espionage in the Manhattan Project. The Soviet Union did not even have natural uranium ore mines at the start of the nuclear arms race. A lack of materials made it very difficult to undergo a research and development phase attempting all methods for uranium and plutonium purification. Upon the realization of the American plans to develop an atomic bomb during the 1930s, Moscow began actively seeking agents to get information. One such Soviet spy was Theodore Hall, who had been a developer on the bombs dropped in Japan. Although Hall's information was helpful to the cause, the most influential of the atomic spies was Klaus Fuchs.

SM: Yes, the politicians did not understand science too well. George Marshall, the United States secretary of state, believed in order to contain Communism to Eastern Europe the United States must help restore Western Europe’s economy. He proposed massive economic aid for Europe, but congress resisted his proposal. Their resistance changed after the Soviet supported Communists took over the Czechoslovakian government in February 1948. Congress passed the European Recovery Act of 1948 (Marshall Plan) and aid began to flow into Europe. In 1949 the United States, Canada and 10 Western European nations signed a pact establishing the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, NATO. In response to NATO, the Soviet Union and Communist governments of Eastern Europe signed the Warsaw Pact in 1955 dividing Europe after WWII.

Doc: Yeah, this was when I pick up my nuclear chemistry knowledge. In March 1953, the Soviet Union began providing assistance to China to establish nuclear research laboratories. Subsequently, in December 1953, U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower launched his “Atoms for Peace” campaign, through which Washington gave scientific and technological assistance to various countries which included Israel, Taiwan, South Korea, Iraq, Iran, and South Africa. In 1956, the Soviet Union begins training North Korean scientists and engineers. The construction of the North Korean research reactor began only in 1962-1963, whereas South Korea and South Vietnam completed the construction of their experimental reactors in November 1960 and 1963, respectively. In late April 1962, Soviet Premier Nikita Khrushchev placed intermediate-range missiles in Cuba in response to U.S. missile deployments to its NATO (1949) allies. After the removal of the missiles and Ilyushin Il-28 light bombers from Cuba, the blockade was formally ended at 6:45 pm EDT on November 20, 1962.

Merlin: However, the kings plotted against each other. The Geneva accords of 1954 called for the reunification of South and North Vietnam. The liberal political group “The Friends of Vietnam” objected [U.S. Department of Defense study titled United States– Vietnam Relations, 1945-1967 (the Pentagon Papers)]. This and other things led General Vo Nguyen Giap's Viet Minh forces to move against the French army at Dien Bien Phu in 1954. The United States considered sending military aid to support the French which included the use of nuclear weapons in the Asian war arena. These events helped to form JF Kennedy’s view of the post-WWII expansion of communism. After the Bay of Pigs Invasion in Cuba in April 1961, JFK began a clandestine operation against the Viet Cong and North Vietnamese inside South Vietnam which included covert missions into North Vietnam. By October, the US military conducted ground actions near the Laotian border. During the summer of 1963, the president of South Vietnam, Ngo Dinh Diem, his powerful brother and adviser, Ngo Dinh Nhu, and Diem's sister-in-law, Ngu Le Xuan, the Dragon Lady Madame Nhu, launched a war against the Buddhist majority leading to the first coup effort against Diem. During August 1963, Colonel Lucien Conein met secretly with a number of high-ranking South Vietnamese military officers, including Generals Duong Van Big Minh, Tran Van Don, Le Van Kim and Tran Thien Khiem. When Ambassador Lodge learned of this meeting, he cabled Washington. Upon receiving the report of the clandestine meeting, JFK responded by declaring that there was no turning back. On November 2, 1963, the Ngo brothers were assassinated. The leadership of South Vietnam never recovered as unqualified generals exchanged leadership rules as they ruled from Saigon during the intensification of the unification movement as reported by many military advisors; thus changing the perception by the public of civil rights and of world governments.

SM: So, what happens with the density after the change from electron degeneracy to neutron degeneracy?
TD: I see now why there are tires, but what about gravity and floating.

Doc: Awe, that is easier, the rebound back to electron degeneracy causes time travel.
Merlin: . . . and now we will be able to go further back in time.

SM: . . . interesting, but what is that smell?
TD: I’m not sure, but we need to get started.

We have to find that one with the simply gorgeous lips. Let’s get out of here now.

YDNA:
R1b-L48-Z2
MtDNA:
L1c1d(C8657T,16224C)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:02 am
Smalltalk.jpg
I thought I knew all about this years ago . . .

Crew 1: What is he doing wearing those type of clothes?
Crew 2: Does he dress better than the sun dude?
Crew 3: Who is going to make all of these designs?

Act 3, scene 8 The Difference of Limits:

TD: What is the equation used for time travel?
Doc: It begins with the Lorentz Transformation.

SM: What is that again?
Merlin: It is an equation derived by looking at a right triangle.

TD: There must be something deeper than that behind it.
Doc: Yes, it is. The equation is related to external constraints and population dynamics.

SM: I am really lost now???
Merlin: Have you ever heard of Pierre Verhulst and the logistic differential equation?

TD: Of course I have..
Doc: Well, that is it.

SM: Hmm, it has to do with r = Mathusian parameter or rate of maximum population growth and K = maximum sustainable population.
Merlin: Most of the time we use equations without understanding them, and I must say that is a valuable skill in the hands of an expert.

TD: . . . no one better . . .
Doc: Yes, I know that . . . but let’s try to reason this out.

SM: Never had the need to think that deep.
Merlin: It a question of differential superposition.

TD: That is what I don’t get.
Doc: When we look at something from point x(0), light moves with velocity c, and it takes time t(f) to reach point x(f). The object at the same time is moving from point x(r) at a velocity of v, and it will takes time t(f) to reach point x(f). Therefore, the time will be retarded if the object is observed from x(0) to x(r). This retardation factor is fundamental in time travel. The speed of light is the upper limit in this equation.

SM: So, that is what we mean by axis transformation.
Merlin: Yes, we first though considered population as a limit such that dN(t)/dt = kN(t)(1-N(t)/K)
or dx/dt = rx(1-x) where x = N/K and x(t) = sigmoid function.

TD: So, what is the answer to that.
Doc: Simple, it is N(t)=(Nk)/[(k-N)e^(-rt) + N] or f(x) = L/[1 + e^(-k(x-x0))]
where e = Euler's number; x0 = the x-value of the sigmoid's midpoint; L = the curve's maximum value; k = the steepness of the curve.

SM: Sound like an old differential.
Merlin: Actually, it is a special case of an equation worked out in 1695 by Jacob Bernoulli called the Bernoulli differential equation, f(x) = e^x/[e^x + C] where y' + P(x)y = Q(x)y^n when n does not equal {1,0}.

TD: So, all of those populations equations are no good because they do not consider maximum population growth.
Doc: Yeah, food, conflicts, living area all are factors. So, we call these things density equations too.

SM: Density???
Merlin: The neutron degeneracy density is less than the black hole degeneracy density changing the limit term but increasing the time traveling term.

TD: Well, the banana with the special potassium is ready.
Doc: Good.

SM: How will this help?
Merlin: It will with the population.

Huh, what was that about? It is a beautiful and magnificent equation whatever it means?

PreviousNext

Return to The Corner Pub