DYS570 value 24

Possible time of origin: 4,000 to 20,000 BC
Possible place of origin: Europe
Defining mutations: M253, M307, P30, P40
Highest frequencies: People of Northern Europe (Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, Finnish, Sami, Estonian, Russian, Latvian, German, Dutch, English, Scottish, Irish), French

Moderator: Abbat_Busoni

YDNA:
N1c1d1a1c
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:12 pm
Hello I1's!

I need your help please. I am totally stumped by these results...here's the story:

I wanted to trace my mom's surname Foster so I asked my cousin to test for me. I had anticipated that Foster would be hgR but it turns out my cousin is I1. Ok.. there are NO exact surname matches. Instead, there are 92 Lawson surname matches at 12 markers and at 25 there are 15 -1 and -2 matches. There would be more, except that on DYS marker 570, my cousins is 24 and the group norm is 18. Is 570 fast mutating? Isn't a value of 24 weird? Any idea why or how? What does this mean? Is it double mutations or 1 mutation each generation? Or is there no way of telling?

If I were to just ignore that marker, his number of Lawson matches would be even higher.. right now that number is keeping it a lot out of the match list. I'm still waiting for the last 2 panels of the 67 marker test to come in.. I expect a lot of Lawson matches to hold up and/or possibly increase. I'm obviously dealing with a NPE, but the geography isn't working with this family. And I would expect that if it was a ancient NPE, that there would have been enough time for other Foster males to pass on the Lawson DNA and hopefully be out there DNA testing as well.

I am searching for another distant Foster male cousin to test too, to double check and compare against my cousins. But if the NPE was closer, I would expect the results to be more alike than different.. so I'm guessing and putting it occurring around the time of my 3rd GGF or later.

Any thoughts are great appreciated. I'm not sure what to make of marker 570 and I'm definitely no expert! :D
Dorothy
Dad - FTDNA 216468
ysearch 3SWJT
yDNA N L1027+
mtDNA H

Mom - FTDNA 236506
mitosearch 3KD32
mtDNA U2e
yDNA I1

YDNA:
G2a2b2a1b1a2a-CT4803
MtDNA:
H2a2a1 (rCRS)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:53 pm
disphoto wrote:Hello I1's!

I need your help please. I am totally stumped by these results...here's the story:

I wanted to trace my mom's surname Foster so I asked my cousin to test for me. I had anticipated that Foster would be hgR but it turns out my cousin is I1. Ok.. there are NO exact surname matches. Instead, there are 92 Lawson surname matches at 12 markers and at 25 there are 15 -1 and -2 matches. There would be more, except that on DYS marker 570, my cousins is 24 and the group norm is 18. Is 570 fast mutating? Isn't a value of 24 weird? Any idea why or how? What does this mean? Is it double mutations or 1 mutation each generation? Or is there no way of telling?

Any thoughts are great appreciated. I'm not sure what to make of marker 570 and I'm definitely no expert! :D
Dorothy

According to http://www.rogersdna.com/geddna/mutate.php
dys570 with 0,00790 is fast mutating

you find STR allele frquency by haplogroup in http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.anc ... /yfreq.htm

http://www.familytreedna.com/public/Law ... ycolorized

Return to I1 Haplogroup